Senior Finance Business Partner- Housing Sector
Senior Finance Business Partner- Housing Sector, paying up to £55K, depending on experience, plus bonus and benefits. Based near London Bridge.
Reporting to the Business Partnering Manager, the Senior Finance Business Partner- Housing Sector will provide support across multiple work streams and we are looking for experience in a similar role.
Working for one of the highest Moody's credit rating UK Housing Associations (HA), with housing assets of £1.8 Billion and over 50 million units under management, there has never been a better time to join this leading G15 HA. If you thrive working in a very busy change environment, then this role could be for you.
As a Senior Business Partner- Housing Sector, the role will present financial information to enable interpretation for decision making to all levels of management whilst challenging all operational activities with a view of proactively driving cost savings and synergies.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Business Partner- Housing Sector include:
- Sits as a key member of the Business Partnering and Integration team, and reports to the Business Partnering Manager providing support to the group on all aspects of budgeting, financial performance reporting & forecasting, financial business analysis, VfM, and benchmarking
- To develop a quality and innovative business partnering service for your business area which could include commercial, housing services, repairs or development & asset strategy
- To liaise and engage with business stakeholders to resolve any issues/queries and overcome any potential issues, communicating key conclusions to senior management
- To challenge business assumptions in forecasting and planning
- To participate in a programme of cost/business reviews which delivers meaningful, timely and relevant financial business analysis
- To support the annual budgeting exercise for your business area which is aligned to strategic plans and delivers improved bottom line performance
- To provide regular financial and management information to the business which pays due regard to business units and business streams, and delivers timely, meaningful and accurate forecasting
- To develop a sweep of Dashboards which provides insightful management reporting and a 360-degree view of performance (financial and non-financial focus) to meet the needs of budget managers and stakeholders
- To actively promote efficiency and value for money and ensure that your business area’s operational and financial efficiencies are captured, including suitable evidence
- To support your line manager to provide meaningful financial analysis and insight on business and cost performance and make recommendations to key stakeholders to support and influence decision making
Experience and qualifications required
This role will suit a Senior Finance Business Partner who is tenacious whilst also being a great communicator and people person. Additionally:
- CCAB qualified accountant
- Demonstrable experience of Senior Finance Business Partnering in the Social or Commercial Housing Sectors
- Experience of working across one or more of the following; commercial, housing services, repairs, development & asset strategy
- Excellent IT and excel spreadsheet skills
- Good communicator, both oral and written which is appropriate to the audience
- Ability to distil complex analysis and succinctly present findings
- Self-starter with the ability to recognise 'opportunities’ and drive them forward
- To be responsive in a rapidly changing working environment
This is a great opportunity to be involved at the start of a newly formed Finance Business Partnering team, which has great leadership and aims to be a benchmark for excellence within the housing sector.