Junior Associate - Corporate Finance
We are recruiting a Junior Associate on behalf of an award winning Corporate Finance organisation working out of their office based in the centre of Birmingham.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative, independent corporate finance team that has 15 offices around the world. Specialising in all aspects of corporate finance transactions, from mergers and acquisitions and company sales to management buy-outs and fundraising.
Working within the Deal Origination Team, this is a new role created due to company growth.
This role will encompass a number of aspects and tasks including:
Database and CRM Management:
Cleansing a minimum of 100 companies a week on the CRM system. This will involve entering and updating data
Carrying out research on the internet, company websites, LinkedIn and by calling companies to ensure the information we have is correct and obtain direct email addresses for contacts where possible
Ensuring that companies and contacts are correctly categorized on the CRM system to reflect the sector in which they operate
Maintaining and updating the CRM system with public information and amend company status to reflect any changes
Attending a weekly meetings to review WIP, discuss forthcoming campaigns and sector team requirements and support this activity with ad hoc admin tasks
Working to set KPIs around business generation (following in-depth training)
Researching and approaching companies and generating new business opportunities
Working effectively and efficiently with speed and accuracy
Making origination approaches via cold calls, and writing high quality letters and emails and receive full training around all of these areas.
Junior Associate Candidate Credentials
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
- Full training will be given on the database however, someone who has experience of working with data entry and CRM systems is desirable
- An ability, desire and enthusiasm to make cold calls at a senior level
- Quick, analytical thinker
- A tenacious and self-motivated individual is required who is willing to learn and has the ability to work in a targeted environment with a high level of professionalism
- Committed with a strong work ethic and ‘can do attitude’ with an ability to manage their time efficiently in order to meet targets
As a Junior Associate this role offers an exciting opportunity where you will be given extensive support and training and the chance to develop into deal orientation, targeting companies on behalf of partners to secure meetings with key shareholders and/or management teams.