Our client is a leading business intelligence, academic publishing, knowledge and events business. They are listed on the London Stock Exchange and a member of the FTSE 100.
A fantastic position has arisen for a Conference Producer to join the team where you will be responsible for researching and developing a mixture of topical new and repeat conferences on specialist regulatory and risk management 'hot topics' in the international financial services markets. Most of your conferences will be held in the UK, with a small proportion taking place on the Continent.
As Conference Producer, you will be responsible for:
- Researching (both by phone and during face to face meetings) new and existing conference ideas, assess their feasibility, and write innovative and commercially compelling conference programmes based upon the research conducted
- Inviting and confirming high-level industry speakers to participate in the programmes produced
- Establishing and maintaining strong contacts within the sector that you work
- Liaising with other departments (Sponsorship and Delegate Sales, Marketing, and Administration) and providing guidance to them on sales and marketing campaigns, as well as event logistics
Our client has always placed significant emphasis on developing the ability of producers to self-generate their own new topics as soon as possible. They are particularly looking for individuals in whom they can develop this skill as they grow into the role.
To apply for this role, you must have:
- 2 years' experience as a Conference Producer
- Must have minimum 2:1 degree
- Background in Social Science or humanities will be an advantage