Category Manager - IRC241070
Category Manager (IRC241070)
UK Shared Business Services Ltd
At UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS), we support our clients by providing a range of professional business services such as Information Technology, Human Resources & Payroll, Finance & Procurement and Property Asset Management.
At UK SBS, service excellence means more than completing transactions; the organisation has been set up to deliver added value for our clients. This means our people make a big contribution to the value we offer through specialist knowledge and high standards of service.
Our clients include the UK’s seven Research Councils (RCUK), the Department of Business Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and Partner Organisations.
At UK SBS we offer a great employee benefits scheme including 28 days holiday rising to 30 days after two years’ service, as well as a generous pension scheme, family friendly benefits, discounted leisure centre membership.
About the role
You will be on-site procurement support to the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory (RAL), providing procurement and commercial advice. You will be responsible for running various procurements ranging in complexity and value, all in accordance with public sector regulations as well as UK SBS policy and process. In addition, a crucial part of the role will be providing strategic procurement, contractual and commercial advice to the RAL Science community and wider Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) and UK SBS customers as appropriate. Often working on high profile and key projects for STFC or other customers, relationship and stakeholder management will be a central part of the work undertaken.
Your duties will include:
- procurement support to the STFC and other partner organisations, and assistance in managing the day to day relationship between the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory and UK SBS
- provision of commercial advice and support, promoting good purchasing practice
- running of procurement projects including all aspects of sourcing activity including requirement gathering, tendering, evaluation, advice, contract management and other support as required
- develop and maintain effective supplier relationship management with key suppliers to manage risks and ensure successful delivery of contract objectives and result
- ensuring all procurement processes comply with EU procurement law and UK SBS policy and process
- assisting in the resolution of problems and issues as they arise
- responsible for ensuring that procurement activity is run within agreed SLAs and resolving service requests as they are assigned.
You will have previous commercial experience and good stakeholder management skills. It is advantageous if you have Public Sector experience, knowledge of OJEU processes and a MCIPS qualification however this is not essential.
UK SBS is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We would like to see the number of people with disabilities and those from ethnic minorities increase as a proportion of our workforce and so their applications are particularly welcome. At UK SBS, we value the diversity of our employees and strive to make decisions based on individual merit and ability.
Please note when you click apply now you will be directed to our jobs board where you can see the full job description and submit your application.
The closing date is 4th June 2017.