Culture Coventry are seeking to appoint a Financial Administrator to be based at the Herbert Art Gallery & Museum.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of one of Britain's most exciting arts and heritage organisations, which is also a registered charitable Trust that manages Coventry Transport Museum, the Lunt Roman Fort and the Old Grammar School. We deliver a regular programme of exhibitions, events, educational workshops and activities and attract over 700,000 visitors of all ages per year, and it's an exciting time for the Trust as we actively take part in the Coventry City of Culture bid for 2021.
About the role
You will be part of a small team under the direction of our Financial Controller, effectively managing the day to day financial administration of the Trusts sales and purchase ledgers, involving credit control, invoice and purchase order creation, amongst other related financial activities.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Experience of working in a small and busy finance office, with a proactive team player approach when completing varied financial activities to meet required deadlines.
- An AAT Level 2, so are experienced at managing accounts to book keeping standards.
- Sound experience of using Sage accounting software.
- The ability to be proactive and work on their own initiative.
- Thorough mathematical and analytical skills to resolve any queries and produce accurate and timely information.
- A high level of IT skills in particular Excel at Intermediate to Advanced level.
- Strong organisational skills to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- An eye for detail which is not compromised in a busy finance environment.
- Experience of cash handling and online business banking.
- A good standard of English and communication skills to provide a high level service to internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Financial Controller to ensure Trust financial procedures are adhered to through effective communications with departmental managers and staff.
- Day to day management of the nominal, purchase and sales ledgers using Sage and liaision with staff and suppliers to:
- raise sales invoices and purchase orders
- manage credit control to ensure timely payment of invoices
- reconcile shop takings, credit card purchases etc.
- bank cheques and cash and post transactions on Sage
- Managing the petty cash for the Trust.
- Liaising with the HMRC, banks and other relevant financial parties to produce all necessary returns, manage online banking activities etc.