Graduate Finance Administrator and Customer Service Internship- FinTech - £16K - Central London
Our client is taking the FinTech space by storm!
Established in 2014, they work with employers to offer their employees access to affordable borrowing directly from their salaries - all at no cost to employers.
With super smart technology, they have created a financial solution that offers employees a unique perk that increases motivation and reduces stress.
Their mission is to reduce debt repayments for UK employees by pioneering the creation of workplace communities that will enable employees to borrow and save together at fairer rates.
The company is led by a best-in-class Senior Management team and they’re looking to add to the team. If you would like to work in a fun, collaborative, diverse, enabling, smart, inclusive, and friendly environment, they would like you to be part of their story.
This a 6 month internship paying the annual equivalent of £16k designed to lead to a permanent graduate job.
How you can expect to spend your day;
They are looking for a Junior Finance Administrator and Customer Service Intern to assist with administrative tasks for the Finance team and the Customer service team. The role will involve working in a fast-paced environment where the ability to work under pressure and to clearly defined deadlines is key. The role will be reporting directly to the Credit Operations Manager with a dotted line to the Financial Controller and will provide an opportunity to develop for the right candidate.
Day-to-day tasks will include gaining experience in the following.
- Payments reconciliation.
- Expenses processing and reconciliation.
- Reporting as required.
- Paying cheques in at the bank.
- Answering calls.
- General administrative duties.
- Assisting customers with general account queries.
- Assisting the rest of the team as required.
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications;
- Personable with strong communication skills.
- Positive and proactive.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Good listening, questioning, and information gathering skills.
- Able to adapt to deadlines and challenging requirements.
- Good analytical and numerical skills.
- Methodical and accurate with strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a professional manner whilst maintaining a highest level of confidentiality.
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel.
- Experience working in an office environment.
- Any experience within consumer lending would be a bonus.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
There are many perks to joining this forward-thinking company, below are just a few
- Central London office.
- Fresh fruit, chocolate baskets, and drinks fridge available.
- Movie nights, Karoke evenings, and of course thirsty Thursdays!
- An enthusiastic, motivated team with a mix of young professionals and experienced staff, all aspiring towards company goals.
- You will also be offered a competitive package including equity (shares in the company) upon securing a permanent position.