Commercial Director - Leading Sub-Contractor (Retail Construction Sector)
Based in the East Midlands our client is a successful market leader within the retail construction sector, specialising in the installation of partitioning, suspended ceilings and joinery for a wide range of high profile clients. The business works on all types of refurbishment, new build and extensions for example, with most of the leading food and non-food retailers throughout the UK.
The Directors of the business are hands-on and remain involved in projects ensuring they are delivering real value from inception to completion, giving clients a commitment to the success of their project from the very top of the business.
The Opportunity - Commercial Director
With succession planning in mind, there is now a requirement to appoint a Commercial Director within the business. This person will preferably come from a sub-contracting background, who can work with the current Managing Director to help lead the company and drive the development of the commercial side of this business. Due to the planned retirement of the current Managing Director this opportunity provides someone with exciting career progression opportunities.
Experience / Background
- Subcontractor experience is a must - It is assumed the candidates will have a mix of main contractor and sub-contractor experience
- Ideally some experience will be within the retail fit out space
- A nice to have will be experience in partitioning/ceilings
- Ideally RICS qualified - very sharp academically
- QS qualifications/background
- Proven senior management experience
- 'Hands on’
- Live within a sensible commute to Nottingham
- Comfortable with national travel to see clients / oversee projects
- A real team player
Base salary circa dependent upon experience + car allowance and discretionary bonus etc.
If this opportunity is suitable for you and the position is of interest please email over your CV to George Woodward, Director Novo Executive Search. We will be in touch with suitable candidates over the next fortnight.