As the Financial Controller you will have responsibility for the full running of the UK business. You will be in a stand alone role working alongside other back office functions in Didcot.
Your duties will be wide and varied and you will enjoy a level of responsibility and variation in your day to day job.
You will work closely with the senior management team in order to refine and approve the commercial viability of strategic decisions.
You will be the Finance function for this Didcot based business and its operations in the UK, reporting results back to head office. You will work with an established and professional support team to provide accurate Financial reporting and controls.
The business operates on an international basis but has roots in the Oxfordshire area. You will report directly into the board, which is based on another site and have regular support and authorisation from head office.
The business, despite operating in a number of countries still retains a family run feel to it and this ethos permeates throughout the business.
The main duties of the Financial Controller are listed below:
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning
- Assisting senior managers with the production of long term business plans
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Support the senior management team with price negotiations
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Managing and forecasting budgets
- Developing and managing financial systems including maintenance of the integrity of master data on the SAP system
- Management of financial accounting, VAT and Tax for the UK business
- Creating, controlling and checking outgoing invoices against SLA's
- Checking internal Group invoices and bookings against agreed price tariffs
- Analyse monthly accounts and review with senior management team
- Develop and maintain KPI's, working closely with senior managers to provide meaningful information to assist in the decision making process
- Debtor and supplier management
- Analysing fuel costs and maintaining fuel card system
- Facilitate the annual Finance audit
The ideal candidate will be Part Qualified and working towards the end of their qualification or have no qualification but relevant experience of working in a similar role. There is no preference on behalf of the client, in fact the latter description may be more suited.
You will be able to clearly communicate financial processes through to senior management and be able to analyse information also.
Within this Financial Controller post, you will liaise on a daily basis with Head Office but you will also be comfortable working in a stand alone capacity.
The main benefits of this role are:
- Competitive salary £35,000 to £37,000
- Expenses Paid company travel
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Varied and interesting role