Junior Finance Administrator
Established in London in 1999, our client is the UK’s leading supplier of specialist building materials used within the construction industry. Today they are a group of five companies and branches in London, Birmingham, Hull, Manchester, Cheltenham, Swanley and Glasgow with plans to expand further in the coming years. With the recent acquisition of their operational headquarters in Birmingham, they are looking to appoint a Junior Finance Administrator, who will report into the Finance Manager.
The role will involve general assistance to the finance department, dealing with queries via email/telephone/post, handling the post and helping out with invoicing, filing and general finance administration.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing ad hoc administrative support to the finance team, as required
- Answering all incoming calls and answer any queries
- Ensure the database is kept up to date with all the relevant information
- Assisting the Finance/Accounting team where possible
- Maintaining a high level of customer service at all times
- Compiling and checking month end progress reports
- Maintain existing client relationships
They are looking for a candidate with previous administration experience (preferably with exposure to finance admin) but, more importantly, they are looking for a candidate with:
- Desire to build a career within finance
- Ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to perform well under pressure and prioritise effectively
- Excellent organisational skills
- An approachable and helpful attitude
- Professional phone manner
- Excellent communicator and listener
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (Word/Outlook/Excel/)
This is an excellent, all encompassing role that will provide a great challenge to the right individual.
Salary: 15-20K plus bonus, pension and 20 days holiday
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.30pm with one hour for lunch