Cost Accountant - World leading Manufacturing Business
This is an excellent opportunity for a costing focused Management Accountant to join an industry leading manufacturing business.
My client is part of a global organisation who is a world leader in their market.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and corporate reporting information, pro-actively investigate variances and discrepancies, discusses with Controller providing explanations where necessary.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts including Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet and Cash flow.
- Audit and verify raw material, finished goods and production data on the factory systems and monthly raw material consumptions.
- Develop reporting tools to provide reliable, timely and accurate cost information to the relevant department heads.
- Pro-actively report relevant production data to the manufacturing team.
- Produce monthly production/sales/stock reconciliations and reports.
- Conduct twice yearly finished goods and pulp stock checks and produces reconciliations.
- Develop monthly reporting tools to provide reliable, timely and accurate product cost information.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller on cost accounting issues.
- Manage the accounting and detailed reporting of all Factory cost centres, liasing with managers in the UK and Austria as and when required.
- Perform monthly Balance Sheet Account reconciliations with regards to Raw Material and Finished Goods Stocks.
- Enter relevant monthly and budget/forecast data into LPCS.
- Ensure that procedures associated with the above responsibilities are in place and up to date.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial, operational and commercial exercises/information/reports.
- Responsible for ensuring that internal and external Safety, Health & Environmental standards are met in terms of both work performance and behaviour.
- The ideal candidate will be ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified or Qualified by experience
- Highly numerate and IT literate including SAP and MSExcel.
- Able to meet reporting deadlines and prioritise.
- Understands relevant accounting standards.
- Good communicator both verbal and written.
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Able to identify, develop and adopt new practices
- Cost accounting experience.
- Demonstrates high professional standards regarding accuracy, integrity and confidentiality.
Excellent Package & benefits on offer