Technical Accounting Manager
Seeking a Technical Accounting Manager
About The Role
Reporting to the Head of Accounting and Tax, the Technical Accounting Manager will play a key part in the finance team working on statutory reporting requirements and providing technical accounting support for business stakeholders and operations staff. You will also be expected to develop, monitor and maintain accounting policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards.
Key duties include:
- Development and maintenance of accounting policies and procedures in compliance with IFRS.
- Research accounting developments for opportunities and threats for the business
- Act as a financial accounting representative at various stakeholder and operational meetings
- Responsibility for creating and enabling face to face knowledge sharing and technical training to finance staff as required.
- Production of statutory financial information
- Preparation of audit files including support for financial statement disclosure notes.
- Provision of technical accounting support to month end and year end group reporting process
- Involvement in implementation of new accounting requirements including systems
- Deputise for Head of Accounting and Tax at Governance Committees as required
- Coaching team members when required
About Our Client
Reputable Redhill Financial Services company
- Qualified ACA or ACCA accountant
- Experience in public practice (Big 4 or mid-tier desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of FRS 101, FRS 102 and full IFRS
- Experience in Financial Services is desirable
Things You Should Know
25 days holiday, subsidised canteen, free parking, performance related bonus, career progression
Commutable from: Burgess Hill, Camberley, Caterham, Chertsey, Cobham, Cranleigh, Crawley, Croydon, Dorking, East Grinstead, Egham, Epsom, Esher, Farnborough, Farnham, Feltham, Fleet, Frimley, Gatwick, Godalming, Guildford, Haywards Heath, Hook, Horley, Horsham, Kingston, Leatherhead, Lightwater, London, Maidenhead, Petersfield, Portsmouth, Purley, Reading, Redhill, Reigate, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Slough, Southampton, Staines, Sunbury, Sutton, Tonbridge, Walton, West Byfleet, Weybridge, Windlesham, Windsor, Woking, Wokingham and Yateley.
Howett Thorpe recruit for roles within accounts payable, credit control, payroll also covering accounts assistants, audit, management accounts, financial accounts, analysts, financial controllers, financial directors, corporate finance, tax including all part qualified and qualified vacancies.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)