Bioengineer - Technology R&D
An exceptional role for a Mechanical Engineer or Physicist with a post graduate qualification in Bio-Engineering or Biotechnology has arisen at an exciting new technology development consultancy. This is very much a hands-on R&D role -as a Bioengineer you will participate in the development of cutting-edge medical devices and other highly regulated, high-tech applications. This is a job where you will be developing products which will positively impact the lives of patients on a global scale!
This is the perfect role for a Physicist (or Mechanical Engineer) with a post graduate education to apply their combination of skills in Engineering, Physics and Bioengineering or Biotechnology. You will join a growing business where you can be mentored by industry leaders and develop a rewarding and exciting career developing cutting edge medical device technology. You can also look forward to a very attractive financial package offering excellent basic salary, plus bonus and extensive benefits package.
As a Bioengineer you will use your passion for innovation to develop concepts, technologies and products for global leaders in the Medical Devices marketplace. You will work on multiple scientific R&D projects alongside senior technical and commercial business leaders to address client needs, creating bespoke devices in often challenging (and ultimately highly rewarding) development programmes. Prior experience of Medical Device Development, although preferred, is not essential -more important is the ability, aptitude and passion to deliver scientific innovation and cutting edge solutions.
To be considered for the role of Bioengineer you need the following:
- A 2.1 (MSc/MPhys/MRes/MPhil/MA) in Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering etc and ideally a (PhD, DPhil , EngD) in Bioengineering / Biomedical Engineering /Biotechnology (or similar) from a leading university
- A Strong background in Biomedical / bioengineering - perhaps device development, materials development and behaviour, MEMS device development etc)
- Experience of applying engineering principles to biological systems.
- Experience of developing Small/Medium products.
- Experience in working in a project based environment.
- Experience in leading projects, team and technical developments
- An real enthusiasm for innovation
Job/vacancy location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Cambridge, Newmarket, Huntingdon, St Neots, Newmarket, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Stevenage, etc)
Job Title: Bioengineer / Physicist
Salary - Highly Competitive with extensive benefits package
Potential for Career progression - Exceptional!