Audit & Accounts Senior - City Location
Working in a mixed audit and accounts team, where effectively 50% of your time will spent be working on audits assignments and 50% on accounts; as well as preparing draft tax computations.
An exciting and fast paced firm in the city of London that has actively had successful growth within the last 3 years opening up with new career opportunities for ambitious candidates. Experiencing organic growth as we as some recent mergers, this firm has a diverse range of services on offer to their clients and have specialist departments and consultants to offer tailored and accurate professional advise. Services that clients can rely on will include TS and corporate finance, full range of audit services, personal and international tax, and all round general accounting. An exciting to work for with good benefits and a positive working environment with great premises and break out areas.
- Acting as on site senior, responsible for planning, executing and completing audit work to a high standard in full
- Working regularly with juniors and semi-seniors, and must be able to and enjoy training juniors and monitor and review their work.
- Will take full responsibility of each audit assignment and will be responsible for completing the audit work within the agreed timescale, but will have the support and guidance from the relevant manager/partner.
- Responsible for dealing with technical issues or seeking guidance where necessary.
- Working on a diverse portfolio of clients including small and medium sized privately owned limited companies, LLP's, partnerships and sole traders.
- Preparing accounts from a wide variety of client records ranging from basic prime books and records through to computerised accounting packages.
- Ad hoc specialist assignments as and when they arise
To produce accurate draft accounts with minimal outstanding queries together with a well presented accounts / audit file in a timely and methodical manner.
- Responsible for the preparation of accounts from client portfolio within specified budget timescale.
- Occasional supervision of semi-senior and junior staff, when providing additional support to Audit/Accounts Senior.
- Production of draft accounts together with a well presented accounts / audit file (paper / paperless), for review.
- Preparation of VAT returns from time to time.
- Preparation of management accounts from time to time.
Manage general office-based day to day duties, as required
- Qualified ACA, ACCA or qualified by experience.
- Must have acquired the necessary skills/experience at senior level to meet the requirements of the role.
- Wide experience of accounts preparation.
- Up to date working knowledge of financial reporting, accounting standard, auditing standards, company law and a good basic knowledge of corporate and personal tax to enable draft tax computations to be prepared.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Fully conversant with Sage and Quickbooks software. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good English, both written and verbal.
- Good time management with ability to meet tight deadline.
- Flexible attitude, with ability to prioritise workloads.
- Knowledge of Pro-Audit, CCH and Microsoft Office Products, in particular Excel software.
- Competitive salary
- City Location
- Growing firm
- Genuine career opportunities
- Mentor programme in place
- Team days