Assembly Supervisor - salary negotiable depending on experience
Are you experienced with assembly? Do you have experience supervising staff? Are you able to ensure quality standards are met?
Purpose of Assembly Supervisor Role
- Supervise the day to day running of the assembly section, manufacturing high-quality product on time in line with the production schedule by allocation of work to team members
- Ensure Quality requirements are met to guarantee adherence to technical specification and product reliability
- Ensure assembly staff have the information, instructions, training and equipment necessary to do the work required
- Supervise assembly staff and motivate them to strive for continuous process, personal and departmental improvement
- Ensure efficiency of production processes and on-time delivery by liaison with other departments to ensure availability of material supplies in accordance with product and process specification
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement in manufacturing processes and provide feedback to quality, design and process engineering
Assembly Supervisor Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Production Planning and Leadership:
- Follow the production schedule by fulfilling works orders by their due dates
- Planning resource requirements in accordance with production schedule
- Maintain suitable equipment levels - ensure equipment is in good condition and calibrated /maintained
- Communicate with other department supervisors to co-ordinate work
- Contribute to project teams as required
- Ensure all staff work according to the specific job instructions, standard company procedures and quality requirements
- Ensure all necessary information is available to assembly staff
- Supervise the assembly section staff applying company rules and procedures fairly and openly and ensuring all staff understand what is expected of them as individuals and as a team
- Motivate and develop the team towards continuous improvements in performance and staff satisfaction
- Maintain suitable skill levels to meet the schedule by providing and organising training
- Adapt workforce plans to accommodate holiday requests and sickness absence
- Attend production meetings to report progress and review the schedule
- Evaluate performance against budget and production forecast
Quality and Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS):
- Ensure QA inspection routines are carried out effectively to guarantee quality of finished product
- Maintain housekeeping standards in the assembly section
- Ensure operators are aware of and apply appropriate Safe Operating Procedures and comply with COSHH and other safety procedures
- Ensure Risk Assessments and HSDS are completed regularly for relevant processes and the SOP manuals are up to date
Knowledge and Experience:
- Well organised with efficient planning and decision-making capability for prioritising tasks and problem solving
- Approachable and professional personality with an open and communicative style for effective supervision and motivation of the team
- Experience of working in a high technology electrical / engineering assembly environment
- Understanding of Slip ring technology and applications
- Manual dexterity and technical skills for soldering, crimping, plastics mixing and moulding and other assembly skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings
- Ability to use Sharepoint computer system
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website www. jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.