We are looking for a Production Engineer to join our team in York. If you are familiar with assembly and metal fabrication techniques and have experience in producing 3D Inventor drawings, this could be the job for you.
As a Production Engineer you will maintain, develop and implement manufacturing processes that are safe, lean and consistent. You will provide engineering solutions for the manufacturing processes to ensure safety, quality, efficiency and throughput.
The successful candidate will have a HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical/Production Engineering, and significant experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar role.
Portakabin Group is Europe's market-leading modular building innovator, employing more than 1,600 colleagues across seven countries with a turnover of £224m.
Producing some of the most advanced building systems available, Portakabin buildings are available to purchase through a national UK sales network and for hire through 50 local hire centres throughout the UK.
The Group has the capabilities to deliver building solutions for almost any application – from a single classroom to a multi-storey office complex, contractors’ site accommodation and complete hospital facilities.
The following skills and qualifications are essential for this position:
- Significant experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
- HNC/HND/Degree in Mechanical / Production Engineering.
- Familiar with most assembly and metal fabrication techniques.
- Expertise in 2D and 3D CAD systems.
- Health & Safety Training e.g LOLER, PUWER…
- Familiar with working to modern Quality standards.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software.
- Conversant with modern health, safety, environment and quality standards.
Desirable but not essential:
- Understanding of Process Capability / SPC.
- Project management.
- Conversant with ERP systems e.g SAP.
- Understands lean principles.
- Health & Safety Qualified e.g IOSH or NEBOSH.
- Lean and / or Six Sigma trained/accredited e.g Green or Black Belt.
About the Role
Responsibilities include however not limited to:
- Responsible for production engineering across a number of nominated processes / areas.
- Supports Safety, Quality, Efficiency and Throughput through the optimisation of production methods. This will include: Jigs, fixtures, tooling, machinery, measurement methods, handling and lifting equipment.
- Work with Design & Engineering to smoothly and effectively introduce new products (NPI) and changes to designs, materials, and technology e.g technical change notifications.
- Create 2D and 3D CAD drawings for designs supporting the above. Interface with suppliers to obtain quotes and review design / material options.
- Investigate Safety, Quality and Productivity concerns e.g Failure investigations, risk assessments, problem solving, measurement studies, set up time reduction etc.
- Create / support: Method statements, value engineering, standard operating procedures, visual quality standards, safe systems of work, product audits and general improvement initiatives
The salary for this position is in the range of £35,000 - £40,000, dependent on skills and experience, with a discretionary bonus of 5% OTE.
We offer a wide range of other benefits covering health and wellbeing, discounted cycles and shopping vouchers. Full time employees can also buy up to 5 days holiday to complement the basic entitlement of 24 days (part-time pro-rated).
Please note that once you click Apply Now you will be directed back to the Portakabin site where you will be asked to confirm your contact details before your application is complete.
If you're interested in this position please apply as soon as possible, if we receive a high number of applications we may end this advert early.