Chemistry Teacher Required - - Permanent Role - Part Time
This Academy is a large 11-16 mixed academy, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park. Following a £22m new build in the Parkside area of the town, the Academy occupies an attractive site, with state of the art facilities. As well as their scenic location and excellent facilities they offer their employees a bespoke CPD programme, the opportunity to take part in European projects, and a range of benefits including the free use of the onsite gym.
We are looking for a talented and inspiring teacher who is committed to making Chemsitry an exciting subject for all of our students and who can work effectively as part of our successful specialist Science team. This post represents a superb career opportunity for an enthusiastic and dynamic professional who has excellent subject knowledge and a strong desire to engage students in Mathematics learning. Your qualities as an emerging leader will be just as important as your teaching skills.
The successful candidate will be passionate about learning and committed to the success of our students; This role has the opportunity to take the lead in developing chemistry across the school and for helping to develop an exciting new transition venture.
This post would suit a qualified teacher looking to teach Chemistry on a part time basis (0.5 or 0.6 timetable) across all ability groups in KS3 and KS4. NQT's experienced specialists are welcome to apply. We are seeking teachers who are resilient, highly driven and self-motivated, who will go the extra mile to ensure that students achieve beyond their own expectations. Their teacher development programme is very strong and we actively support excellent teachers.
In this role you would have involvement in raising standards of teaching across the whole school as well as within the science curriculum area.
What benefits will the successful candidate receive?
- Every Wednesday the students finish 1 hour early in order for the teachers to carry out CPD
- Pupils are well behaved and polite and respect the staff at the Academy
- The Headteacher has a strict behaviour policy which all teachers enforce
- Teachers are supported heavily by SLT
- The Academy has state of the art resources and classrooms
- Potential relocation package for the perfect candidate
This role is pivotal to our success, the successful candidate will be:
- Leading by example, through outstanding practice and professionalism;
- Caring about students, their learning, and their futures;
- Driven to make a difference, to overcome barriers, to be relentless in enabling all students to make exceptional progress;
- Committed to your own personal development and to collaborative, consultative working.
Academics are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.