Business Development Manager (Retail)
Job Title: Business Development Manager (Retail)
Location: Leeds (Head office) + UK wide travel
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 + Commission + Car + Benefits
Our client is an award winning Multi-National organisation, who now has an excellent opportunity for an ambitious, dynamic and talented Business Development Manager to join their team.
The business is a well established and highly reputable distributor who specialise in offering cutting edge lighting products to the retail and trade market. The business has been a market leader for over 20 years and currently exports in to over 70 countries.
They are currently seeking an ambitious Business Development Manager to be part of an exciting business working with innovative developments; this company has the global resources and capabilities to offer an unrivalled portfolio of solutions and services.
You will be developing commercial relationships with large national and regional retailers to exploit their distributive position and retail opportunities. The aim is order to secure their buy-in to collaborative approaches to mutual targets; whilst having the opportunity to shape and implement strategies within specific customers/retail channels.
- Network key personnel within the retail organisations at merchandiser, buyer, and director levels and engage in a
- Adopt an entrepreneurial and proactive approach to customer development to exploit opportunities to best effect Negotiating customer commercial agreements in conjunction with the retail 'SNAM’.
- Retain and develop a portfolio of customers ensuring an in-depth understanding of customer objectives.
- To achieve all sales and margin targets set, for managed accounts, in terms of revenue growth by identifying opportunities to grow the business and enhance profitability. Be commercially aware of current trading position.
- In conjunction with the Retail SNAM create and execute a new customer business plan, reviewing key actions to ensure new business sales and margin targets are achieved.
- Work closely with managed accounts, creating effective communication channels with all key stakeholders
- Ensure strategic account development plans for each customer are continually updated in line with the current budget requirements with all current and relevant information, including mutual objectives and performance reviews.
- Conduct customer top level review meetings at least quarterly and regular face to face meetings with other key stakeholders.
- Develop effective in-depth business relationships throughout the company and ensure all relative parties are involved through maintaining a high level of communication to the required individuals.
- Pro-active approach to new business development - A hunter!
- High level negotiation and influencing skills to buyer/ category buyer level.
- Previous experience dealing with national retailers and wholesalers
- Excellent communication and people handling skills (internal and external).
- High level of organisational skill in regards to planning, preparation, execution and follows up.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to develop their skills within in a dynamic business environment.
Please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting reference NJR: 6434
KEYWORDS: Business development, B2B, Retail, New Business, Customer Service, telesales, outbound sales, internal sales, Portfolios