Commercial Property Management Surveyor
An international property consultancy offering the full range of services to clients, including property management, valuation, agency and leasing, and building surveying.
The department manage client real estate with total efficiency and with the aim of maximising its value. Their investment in both people and technology has created a state-of-the-art property management service, ironing out inefficiencies and adding value all the time.
The team are responsible for the management of some of London's most notable and prestigious Buildings. Over the last 24 months they have experienced significant growth with the winning of several new instructions.
* Manage the transition of client/properties in and out.
* Responsibility for compliance relating to sites under their control, acting on or escalating any issues relating to non-compliance.
* Carry out property inspections.
* Responsibility for ensuring that all necessary insurance valuations are undertaken, providing accurate insurance data to broker for renewal and ensuring that all insurance premiums are recharged to tenants.
* Responsibility for taking the appropriate action in response to any legal notice received in relation to a managed property.
* Responsibility for preparing data for client meetings in conjunction with their line manager.
* Attending client meetings, ensure recording of minutes and carrying out of actions arising.
* Reading of leases and ensuring accurate data is maintained on the property management system.
* Ensure rent demands are raised accurately and on time.
* Ensure credit control targets are met for rent and service charge collections.
* Ensure client reports are prepared to the correct specifications and issued to clients in accordance with agreed timescales, subject to approval by line manager.
* Ensure all tenant application fee invoices are raised and paid promptly.
* Work with the on-site facilities teams to review and obtain approval of service charge budgets.
* Review service charge cash flows and budgets monthly/quarterly subject to client requirements.
* Approve service charge year end reconciliations in accordance with RICS guidelines / client instruction.
* Identify and progress opportunities for cross-selling activities.
* Responsibility for arranging and chairing occupier meetings and occupier liaison meetings on a regular basis.
* Ensure recording of minutes of occupier meetings and 1-2-1 meetings are completed within 5 working days and carrying our all actions arising.
* Take appropriate action for all forthcoming diary events.
* Identify opportunities for providing additional services to clients and put proposals to line manager.
* Review tenant applications and prepare client recommendations for approval by line manager.
* Be fully conversant with, and adhere to, the rules and procedures contained in the Company's FCA Insurance Business Compliance Manual.
* Explore opportunities for new business generation and be an efficient presenter.
* RICS qualified.
* Relevant experience in the UK market.
* Constantly updating knowledge of legislation relating to property management.
* Able to build and maintain client relationships.
* Use and grow knowledge of law relating to property management to make recommendations to the client.
* Understand and grow knowledge of the clients' investment objectives.
* Recognise opportunities for selling additional services to clients, including cross-selling.
* Able to build and maintain tenant / customer relationships.
* Understand the principles of lease structure and can read and understand a lease.
* Can apply legal principles of tenant applications for consent and the processes to be followed.
* Apply the principles of service charge management to ensure compliance with all regulatory and procedural requirements including the terms of the lease.
* Understand VAT, banking and credit control methods.
* Understand and apply all company procedures relating to work activities.
* Able to use IT software such as Word, Excel and other databases.
* Understand and use industry / company specific IT applications.
* Able to contribute to team and department business plans.
* Able to delegate, supervise and develop junior team members.
* Able to work as part of a team, supporting other team members and recognising the work of others.
* Build and maintain relationships with other parts of the wider company service lines.