My client is looking for an experienced head chef who has built a reputation for quality food and service and enjoys cooking Brasserie style dishes.
You will be responsible for the management and running of all aspects of food, the kitchen and the team whilst ensuring all Food Safety/Health & Safety Standards are met at all times.
Duties to include:
• The post holder will be involved in the development and design of the menu.
• You will be responsible for recruiting, managing, training and performance of all kitchen team members; to include staff appraisals, probationary reviews, and conducting hearings when required in line with company policy.
• To forecast and make sure correct food stock levels are in place on a daily basis.
• Ensure adequate roistered staffing levels and delegating kitchen responsibilities where necessary as per the business needs and forecasting.
• Managing food COS to budget and meeting budget targets.
• Managing stock control within budget.
• Managing kitchen equipment inventory.
• Ensure clear communication is maintained between the Kitchen, Restaurant and other Departments.
• Ensuring staff training where necessary.
• Responsible for the hygiene standards of the kitchen.
• Attend and contribute to any meetings as required.
• Undertaking duty manager responsibilities on a rota basis.
Skills & experience required:
• Previous experience working as a head chef within a quality establishment.
• Flexibility to work shifts including evenings, weekends and public holidays subject to rota as well as a willingness and ability to extend or change hours and days of work from time to time upon request and subject to operational requirements.
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £30,000 plus Bonus
Location: Woodbridge, Suffolk
Benefits: uniform provided, meals on duty, company perk box, anniversary day off and discount on food.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. aspire cambridge ltd is acting as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.