Conference Centre Technician
Our client is looking for a confident and technically minded individual who has experience in supporting AV at corporate events and conferences. You will need to have a good understanding of what is expected and deliver high levels of customer service. You will be a proactive team player who is happy to support the team and client through all aspects of the AV service the team provide. You will join a company providing cutting-edge audio visual solutions for major brands in many international territories. We have a customer-centric ethos and an open, engaging and questioning culture. You will find a company of creative, technical and very smart people who are passionate about what they do and developing others.
You will be part off a small team, responsible for providing high level technical support for all client events taking place within the Managed areas of the client campus, as defined by our client. Your role will include, but not limited to, administrative duties associated to an event, submitting fault tickets, providing 1st line support, liaising with users to discuss their requirements and setting up, operating and breaking down AV events which will include video and audio conferences, presentations, voting systems, laptop connections, placement of mobile displays for signage and PA setups.
- Working hours are primarily between 7am – 7pm (Mon-Fri) based on a 40 hour week across a number of shifts as required to cover the business.
- Complies with all health and safety procedures
- Running the AV aspect of presentations for extremely high profile meetings.
- In the event that Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is invoked, MOCC duties may be required to be carried out or additional remote coverage for the impacted region may be needed to ensure minimal impact to the business.
- Submit tickets as and when any issues occur to allow for continual improvement of service and technologies.
- Promote and adhere to the Company’s ISO policy and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe for use and that the quality of all work is carried out to the highest standard.
- To carry out any other duties or substitute for any positions as required by your management team or any other senior member of staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the equipment is safe for use and that the quality of work carried out is of the highest standard.
- Preventative maintenance to all onsite AV equipment.
- Providing over the phone and face to face support to both our global colleagues and clients. Put together post event reports for the attention of management.
- Represent the company at a senior level with the necessary level of professional conduct and presentation as set forth by your manager.
- Understands and recognises the importance of safe working practices with safety of self and others in mind at all times.
- Assist with training for junior members of the team.
- Train and instruct the customer on the proper use of the equipment.
- Support for events outside of normal business and at weekends is also expected.
- Compile audits of systems and/or stock levels, keeping all relevant spreadsheets accurate and up to date.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve efficiency.
- Supporting Video Conferencing calls.
- Act as Mentor to any new recruits joining the Media Services Team.
- Managing the inbox and responding to actions in a timely fashion.
- Supporting the client in the use of AV Systems.
- A good level of computer literacy and a sound understanding of AV equipment.
- Minimum of (2) two years corporate experience within the AV industry.
- Works well under pressure, self-motivated and able to multi-task and prioritise.
- Fully competent with Microsoft Office software.
- Must be confident in operating sound and vision desks and have the ability to deal with very high level events in either a lead or secondary operator, e.g. Townhall, external client meetings, Webcasts, Auditorium, etc.
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Must be flexible to accommodate the needs of the business.
- Maintains a smart and professional appearance at all times.
- IT hardware knowledge desirable.
- Equally capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be punctual and reliable.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and in a fast paced environment.
- Can create positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Must show willingness to be involved, learn, share knowledge, accept accountability and show initiative.
- CTS or equivalent qualification advantageous.
- This role will involve moving and lifting of equipment.