Location: Tyseley, Birmingham
Our client is looking for an experienced Engineer to oversee and coordinate the daily running of their bespoke machines. You will maintain production, productivity and quality to the required standards. You will carry out repairs as and when required. You will be expected to learn how all machines work and be able to run all machines if necessary.
Responsibilities of the Lead Engineer Include:
- The maintenance, upkeep and execution of machines throughout the business. [Machines include but are not limited to rotary, pneumatic, bowl feed small parts, overwrapping, wire straightening, pouch forming]
- Oversee machine operators, including training when necessary.
- Overall responsibility for Health and Safety matters relating to machine operation
- Responsible for maintaining quality systems and overseeing all matters relating to quality audits, ISO 9001-2008, ISO 13485 CE marking.
- Assess material costs and offer improvements when possible.
- Organising the production of goods to meet the business demands
- Responsible for all aspects of building maintenance
- Building and maintaining existing long-term supplier business relations and develop relationships with potential new suppliers.
Requirements for the Lead Engineer:
- Demonstrate sound decision-making skill.
- Strong leadership ability
- Good Communication skills and be able to establish and maintain effective contact with staff and key partners, suppliers, contractors.
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- The ability to work as part of a team
- IT competency: proficient with MS Office.
- Able to work under pressure, to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to deliver targets within realistic timescales
- Proven ability to plan, lead and implement projects ensuring they are delivered accurately and on time
- It would be advantageous for the candidate to have an extensive engineering background with knowledge of pneumatics.
If you are able to show the relevant experience obtained from a similar engineering role then please apply!