Financial Controller - Chippenham - Permanent - £55,000 - £60,000 + car allowance + 10% bonus
About the role
The primary purpose of this job is financial control through strong business partnering and the management of robust processes and controls.
About CapitaCommunication & Control Solutions
Capita Communication & Control Solutions (www.capitacontrolsolutions.co.uk) delivers mission-critical communications and command and control solutions to enable agencies to manage operations to optimum levels resulting in improved performance and greater public satisfaction in their services.
- Act as a senior member of the Capita CCS management team through proactively challenging and contributing to decisions regarding business and financial strategy with a focus on controlled growth of the business
- Responsible for all Group, Divisional & Business reporting requirements including monthly results generation, forecasting and monthly financial/operational reporting. Take a lead role in the annual business planning process for the business unit
- Embed measures for tracking performance against financial and non-financial indicators to provide meaningful management information and support decision making
- Review of bids and pricing of contract change, provide commercial finance support where required.
- Drive cash generation and working capital management and forecasting. Take ownership of balance sheet management and control
- Continuous improvement in quality and accuracy of reporting. Drive reporting and process improvement efficiencies and share best practice with the wider SST finance team. Champion improved use of systems & MI
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
- Strong people management capabilities with an ability to challenge and make decisions
- Strong customer service and quality focus
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively to ensure deadline are met
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Confident and able to quickly establish solid working relationship with wide variety of stakeholders
- Down to earth, hands on pragmatic individual
- Strong Excel skills (knowledge of macros is not required)
- Project accounting experience
- Knowledge and experience of software businesses and public sector procurement
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.