Castle Engineering and Manufacturing are working on an exciting opportunity to work with a highly successful and forward thinking business working in the power generation sector. Our Client is seeking a Technical Operator to work across various sites and oversee the general maintenance and upkeep of onsite equipment and ensure that all onsite processes and procedures are adhered to at all times.
To be successful in this position you will need to have good practical skills, ideally be from an engineering background and have had experience of working in an industrial environment. You will also need to possess excellent communication skills as will be dealing with contractors, external and internal customers as well as the general public. You will also need to display the ability to work to high levels of accuracy and be comfortable overseeing and managing procedures.
Some of the duties you will be tasked with will be:
- The monitoring of plant processes and reporting any anomalies.
- Managing and overseeing contractors on site ensuring all Health, Safety & Environmental policies are adhered to at all times.
- Reading of valve and pressure gauges.
- Carrying out maintenance tasks both planned and unplanned.
- Monitoring the condition of the various sites.
- Finding faults, solve problems and maintain the plant equipment.
- Respond promptly to breakdowns.
- Log and record all necessary information along with general administration duties.
- Planning and organising the receipt/dispatch of onsite chemicals.
Due to the nature of the position you will need to have a full driving licence, be flexible regards hours of work and be IT literate. This role will suit a proactive problem solver, who has an adaptable approach to work and is open to new methods and ways of working with a strong commitment to site performance and continuous improvement.
In return, my client offers a very competitive salary and potentially long term opportunity with excellent opportunities for career development in a rewarding and exciting sector.
Hours: Will need to flexible regards hours as will be required to work various shifts