- To assist the Business Manager to carry out daily operational processes.
- Maintain and develop business relationship with both existing and prospective customer.
- To build and maintain contact with business intermediaries.
- Preparation of credit proposals for existing and new borrowers
- Preparation of credit memos and annual reviews
- Monitor the utilisation of customer facility
- Control designated accounts irregular performance in accordance to Credit Policy
- To participate and follow up on marketing activities
- Maintain complete set of documentation on borrowers filed in good order
- To prepare and follow up on valuation instructions
- Instruct and follow up on credit searches on customer
- Conduct company searches
- To prepare and follow up on account opening for new and existing customer
- Work in compliant manner to bank /regulatory standards and requirements
- Input of Basel scoring models
- Input of customer financial statement into Moodys' system
- Update group account details
- Conduct KYC reviews
- Assist to prepare monthly and quarterly referral reports to Head Office
- To assist with accurate drafting and follow up on the return of loan offer letter
- Any other ADHOC duties
- Work as part of a team to achieve the departmental objectives
- Be part of team that could achieve targets and deliver on time
- Coordinate the facility drawdown process with others to ensure outstanding items fulfilled or to follow up in a timely manner after drawdown
- Follow up on enquiry timely and to customer satisfaction
- Project the professionalism in all dealings
Academic Qualifications / Professional Qualifications / Relevant Experience Requirements / Job Knowledge
- High standard of education and degree qualified minimum 2:1
- Good spoken and written English, fluent Cantonese and, Mandarin an advantage
- Good knowledge of the UK banking practice and relevant regulatory requirements
- Familiar with the Chinese niche market
- IT literate and ability to work on Word and Excel
- CeMAP qualified
Job Related Skills Requirements
Work Quality and Productivity
- The accuracy, thoroughness, neatness demonstrated in work output including the ability to think systematically & objectively.
- The effectiveness in organizing assigned work & utilizing time effectively to meet the standard or goal established for the job.
- The ability to think, act without being urged as well as to generate inventive and imaginative ideas.
- The ability to grasp new instructions or changes in methods & procedures as well as the level of versatility demonstrated in performing a variety of assignments as required by the job.
Performance under pressure
- The ability to perform effectively at times of pressure and work effectively with minimum direct supervision.
-The ability to comply with the Bank's risk management policies and perform the related monitoring measures.
-The ability to comply with the Bank's compliance policies and tightly adhere to the Bank's work procedures on daily operations.
- Acts with integrity, due skill, care and diligence in carrying out the role and responsibilities.
- Adheres to the ethical standards of behaviour and code of conduct issued by the Bank.
- Understands the overall responsibilities and functions of the department and effectively apply the skills and knowledge required of the position.
- Obtains professional qualifications relevant to the job position as required by the Bank.
- Keeps abreast of license requirements through attending continuous professional training courses required by the regulatory institutions or other professional bodies.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills
-The effectiveness in communicating ideas or information as required by the job.
-The effectiveness in relation to and dealing with supervisors, colleagues & external parties in getting work done as required by the job.
-The ability to provide services to customers (both external & internal) and address their needs. Willingness to offer help. Ability to make favourable impressions: courtesy, patience & flexibility.