Financial Controller / East London
Our client is an established security company providing security personnel to a wide range of blue chip companies in retail, corporate and the leisure industry.
We are looking for a Financial Controller who will be able to bring their skills and expertise to further enhance the business.
The Financial Controller role is a pivotal role within the business and offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to grow and develop.
The successful candidate will ideally be ACCA or CIMA qualified and will have experience within a staffing or service orientated company.
Knowledge and use of Sage 50 payroll is essential, additional accounting software experience would be an advantage.
• Supervising the day to day running of accounts department
• Preparation of the monthly management accounts
• Preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with auditors
• Monthly forecasting and annual budgeting
• Manage a small team of administrative staff providing training, coaching and development.
• Managing all accounting operations including billing, purchase ledger, cost accounting, payroll and revenue recognition.
• Sole responsibility for the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts.
• Researching technical accounting issues for compliance.
• Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting.
• Producing monthly management accounts and board pack.
• Overseeing month-end and year-end close process
• Managing the compliance of HMRC rules on reporting requirements, payments and filings/returns for NI & PAYE, VAT and corporation tax
• Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
• Producing timely and accurate analysis at the request of the Managing Director
• Liaising with bank managers and control of invoice financing function
• Attending external meetings and producing financial information during the tender process to win new business .
• Advising senior management on corporate strategy and commercial awareness.
• General staff tax enquiries.
• Attachment of earnings.
• Sage report design.
• HR crossover, holidays/sickness etc.
• Supervising weekly and monthly payroll
• Bank Reconciliations
• Sage program administration and maintenance
• Cash flow forecasting
• Credit control
• Weekly/Monthly staff/management meetings
• RBS audits
• Creation and development of robust finance processes and procedures
• Pension system admin
If you are interested and would like to know more, please get in touch.