Conveyancing Paralegal / Legal Assistant
We are currently working for a progressive Law firm who are looking to recruit a Paralegal / Legal Assistant to join their conveyancing department.
Previous paralegal experience is essential for this role ideally gained within a busy property environment.
Candidates will have excellent communication and IT skills with the ability to prepare completion statements and accounts. Daily responsibilities will include answering calls from clients and dealing with their enquiries both face to face and over the telephone, dealing with exchanges and completions.
The successful candidate will assist a fee earner with their demanding case load.
Key result areas:
- Providing excellent client service in line with our departmental standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Building effective relationships with clients both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently as well as with team members.
- Ability to assist in generation of fees.
- Deal with property matters from exchange to conclusion, maximising fees through efficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Desirable key skills and experiences:
- Experience of working as an Legal Assistant/Paralegal in Conveyancing environment.
- Fast and accurate typing at least 45+ wpm.
- Ability to draft non legal correspondence.
- Ability to manage and organise large volumes of documents.
- Confident in use of email and other systems in daily work.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Legal Accounting and Document Management systems.
Peak Job Solutions is a division of Ultim8 Ltd specialising in assisting the Derbyshire Dales & Peak District businesses with their recruitment requirements to source local talented staff across all levels within the Derbyshire Dales & Peak District.