Marketing Executive - IET Venues
£24,000 to £26,000 per annum
London Based (or Stevenage, Hertfordshire - with regular travel to either site)
The IET are seeking a creative and experienced Marketing Executive to work with the IET Venues group to build both our group and individual venue brands. The Marketing Executive will be working to position IET Venues as the venue group of choice for technology-driven events!
This is an exciting role for someone already immersed in the events and venues industry. The ideal candidate will have already worked in a venues marketing capacity at marketing coordinator or executive level. You will have the ability and drive to work autonomously, seeking out new opportunities to market IET Venues to our tech-savvy audience - knowledge of the venues market is key!
You will be a clear and confident communicator with the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders across the UK. The successful candidate will be organised, digital-marketing savvy and enthusiastic; possessing imagination and the ability to work both as part of a team and independently. Strong copy-writing and IT skills are a must.
You will be joining an energetic, genuinely hard working marketing team of 6 and much for your time will be spent working with the IET Venues in London, Glasgow and Birmingham. The IET Savoy place in London is a cutting edge events venue that has recently undergone a £30m refurbishment, so this is a fantastic opportunity to flex your venue marketing skills in this fast paced and competitive environment!
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- To deliver professional marketing support to the IET Venues team including advice, project management and campaign work within deadline, budget and satisfaction. To be the primary point of contact for all IET Venues sales teams for tactical queries and advice
- To manage the IET Venues websites through the Umbraco content management system including copy writing and optimisation, layout building and image formatting. To monitor traffic through Google Analytics and provide monthly reports
- To run PPC and SEO campaigns; working with external agencies as appropriate
- To work creatively within the budgets set by the IET Venues Marketing Manager and provide regular financial and ROI reporting
- To establish relationships and negotiate with external publications, associations and websites in order to develop optimum external coverage for the IET Venues group
- To manage the IET Venues online listing portfolio; ensuring that all content is up-to-date, accurate and features the latest venue offers
- To work with the IET Venues Marketing Manager to develop a creative strategy for exhibitions and sales events and deliver each to an exemplary standard
- To work with the IET Venues Marketing Manager to manage the external PR agency and help devise creative, cut-through stories and angles
- To help optimise the customer journey throughout the buildings
- To manage the IET Venues twitter feed and overall social media presence
- To ensure that the IET Venues corporate identity and brand is adhered to in all marketing materials, and work with the IET Venues’ brand ambassadors to ensure standards are upheld across the venue sites
- To ensure that all communications are of a consistently high quality in copy, tone, design and print
- To ensure that all copyright issues are checked and adhered to, and that the organisation is not subjected to any legal misrepresentation
- To stay up to date with the very latest marketing techniques, trends and policies and identify opportunities for IET Venues to exploit / implement them
- Ensure good working relationships are built with colleagues throughout the organisation and a thorough understanding of individual business function needs.
- Experience in a events, exhibitions or venues marketing role
- Creative, flexible nature and a strong communicator
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Proven experience in integrating marketing across different channels in a commercial environment / product set
- Strong copywriting skills
- Understanding and experience with marketing fundamentals - digital, social, offline
- Highly organised with the ability to deal with multiple projects on an on-going basis and meet deadlines
- Some commercial experience, preferably gained within a marketing environment
- Excellent project and budget management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- An enthusiastic and proactive person who can work on his or her own initiative within a busy team and under pressure of tight deadlines
- CIM or DMA Diploma and / or Marketing Degree
- Venues marketing experience