Deputy Care Manager
Black Rock Search is a specialist recruiter within the social care management sector, we look to develop outstanding client and candidate’s relationship and double the industries standards. We are proud to be working with a Care Home in the Honiton area. This home accommodates 26 residents.
Support the Care Home Manager to effectively manage a residential care home, ensuring high quality care provision through people leadership, stewardship of resources, management of reputation and effective governance.
RESPONSABILITIES IN BRIEF
• Care Provision; as Deputy Manager, champion high quality care provision, meeting CQC requirements, ensuring residents are treated with respect and dignity and lead fulfilling lives.
• People; lead, manage and develop staff, ensuring high engagement, capacity and capability.
• Finances; support the Manager to meet pre-agreed budgetary targets by securing sufficient income and controlling costs.
• Reputation; market and promote the Home so it sustains a good reputation in the local community.
• Governance; manage risks to ensure compliance with relevant legislation so that a safe environment for residents, staff and visitors is maintained. Knowledge, Skills & Experience
• Experience working at a management level in a similar (ideally elderly care) person centred care and support role within a registered care setting with favourable CQC compliance requirements/audit ratings.
• Knowledge of and ability to apply the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2010, the Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 and the Care Act 2014/15.
• Skilled in all aspects of people management, from expediting recruitment, improving staff performance, applying formal disciplinary processes, to actively managing, developing and retaining talent.
• Marketing skills; ability to promote and enhance the reputation of a Care Home, and network in the local community and with social services to secure high occupancy rates and sustained income.
• Commitment to and ability to promote health, safety and welfare, and ability to manage workplace risks.
A relevant care related qualification (e.g. NVQ/QCF Level 4/5 or equivalent) Or minimum level 3 with the wiliness to work towards level 5.