To work with the Group Financial Controller (GFC) and Management Accounting team and provide financial support to the Business and the Finance Function. Produce financial information to aid decision making and Strategic Plans and according to the FCA's standards. In conjunction with the GFC, maintain and adhere to our financial procedures and reporting solutions that will help the Company manage its costs and achieve its sales plans.
Growing and dynamic insurance business.
You will be expected to;
1. Act as part of the Group finance team and as such your job role may occasionally be altered to help others complete their duties.
2. Provide assistance in the production of the monthly Management Accounts supporting papers and schedules for review including but not restricted to accruals, prepayments, fixed assets register, intercompany balances and other control accounts.
3. Help report on the company assets and liabilities including balance sheet reconciliations, VAT returns, Insurer Creditor Reconciliations with SAGE.
4. Take responsibility for the accurate posting to SAGE of transactions including BACS payments and staff expense claims, bonus recording and payroll analysis.
5. Have operational responsibility to ensure that all bank reconciliations are completed accurately and in a timely fashion.
6. Support the GFC and Finance Team to ensure the effective operation of the Finance function, thus ensuring a consistently high standard of financial control and reporting analysis.
7. Work with the GFC and Management Accounting Team to ensure accurate and timely production of the business's management accounts and financial reporting including but not limited to the Statutory Accounts, Tax and VAT and Regulatory Returns in accordance with FCA standards, UK GAAP and HMRC requirements.
8. Be responsible to ensure that cash-flow forecast data is updated and accurate reflecting the RBS cash position.
9. Assist with the preparation and distribution of the daily income KPI graph.
10. Deliver in a timely manner ad hoc financial data and reports for the Business as agreed with the Group Finance & and Operations Director (GFD) and provide clear explanation to support such figures, including but not limited to Insurer MI, Sales Initiatives and Overhead variance analysis.
11. Work closely with the GFD and GFC to help set annual forecasts, targets, plans and budgets for the business.
12. Be available to cover Finance Assistant roles in times of absence and be prepared to travel to other Group offices in Godalming from time to time.
13. Report to the GFC in a timely way any matters relating to performance or matters of financial concern of which the GFC should be aware.
14. Provide support to the GFC to ensure the business delivers against its regulatory and statutory obligations on an annual basis - not limited to the FCA's requirements in respect of CASS and the annual statutory audit.
15. Ensure the accurate calculation and payment of the Group IAR pay-away arrangements on a monthly basis and provide financial support to aid the development of those relationships as required.
16. Act at all times within the FCA Principles for Business and the Rules and Guidance as applicable. Provide support to the GFD and GFC to ensure the timely completion of the annual audit as required.
17. Actively contribute towards and participate in the firm's Annual Performance Appraisal process. Identify and agree goals and objectives for business and personal development on a yearly basis, and participate in the quarterly review process.
18. Proactively undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activity, to ensure knowledge remains valid and current and to maintain the requisite competency levels required by the regulator. Take ownership for self-development and CPD; ensure that annual objectives are set by Management team and targets achieved.
19. Ensure knowledge, skills and abilities remain appropriate to prevailing professional standards.
20. Demonstrate a professional and collegial attitude towards all colleagues across the Kelliher Insurance Group. Contribute towards a positive working environment and demonstrate a team-centred work ethic.
21. Ensure strict compliance with the company's policies on Email and Internet Usage, and the Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies.
22. Understand and observe at all times the firm's Health & Safety policy and procedures. To cooperate and participate with other team members in ensuring that Health & Safety standards are met and maintained.
23. Understand and observe at all times the firm's Code of Conduct and the Employee Handbook and associated policies.
The successful candidate will have a good working knowledge of management accounts, a good attitude to work, and be happy to work from Godalming one day per week.
£35,000-40,000 + competitive benefits