Job Title: Finance Assistant
Full time, Permanent
Salary: £20,900 - £23,600
What it’s about
Are you a team player who thrives in a future focused environment? If so the role of Finance Assistant is an exciting, fast-paced role that will allow the individual to gain valuable experience within a Finance environment.
As a Finance Assistant you will be trained in the high volume verification and processing of Examiner claim forms, budget code validation and authorisation. You will also be dealing with payment related queries from Examiners both verbally and written. This interesting role will require the individual to have excellent computer skills with the ability to use spreadsheets and financial software.
What you’ll be doing
• Processing and validating the payment of Examiner fees and expense claims, from both manual and system generated claim forms, in accordance with HMRC regulations and business stream guidelines. The processing of Examiner fees is across a wide landscape of systems that requires full familiarity.
• Ensuring that all payroll related regulations are adhered to across both UK and international payments
• Taking ownership of a high volume of queries both verbally and written, resulting from payments, resolving and responding to all, including more complex queries, in a timely and professional manner
• Providing high quality customer service to our database of examiners and business unit queries via telephone and email, keeping to service level agreements.
What we’re looking for
The successful candidate should be flexible, with the ability to pick up tasks quickly and efficiently. An enthusiastic team player, they should be customer focused and therefore be able to handle numerous queries from staff and examiners using tact and diplomacy. Computer literacy, together with numerical and clear communication skills are essential. Previous experience within a finance office is preferred, although training will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to be educated to GCSE standard or equivalent, including Maths and English at grade C or above.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe’s largest assessment agency, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 150 countries every year. The group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for profit organisation. There are currently over 2500 Cambridge Assessment employees with Cambridge Assessment.
• Generous contributory pension
• 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
• Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
• Employee discount and cash back scheme at 1,200 retailers
• Cycle scheme
• Subsidised canteens
• Support for professional qualifications
We currently have our own in-house Learning and Development team who run a wide variety of courses from Excel through to Project Management in order to help employees not only in their current roles but to help them to advance into future roles. Constantly coming up with new ideas to help colleagues develop their careers, one of their newest ventures 'Learning pods’ are currently being introduced to Cambridge Assessment as we speak.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening check. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.
The closing date for applications is 24 May 2017 and interviews will be held in the week commencing 30 May 2017.
To find out more about this role please view the job description or alternatively apply online now and upload your covering letter and CV.
Cambridge Assessment is an equal opportunities employer