Facilities and Yard Manager
Facilities and Yard Manager Nottingham £40,000
Are you the ultimate organiser, making sure that a workplace meets the needs of employees by managing all of the required services? Taking ownership and responsibility for the management of services and processes that support the business. Yes? then we want to talk to YOU today!
Your role is essentially looking after all of the services that helps the business do its work. Your responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and agreeing on contracts and providers for services including security, parking, cleaning, catering, maintenance, grounds, yard, and security.
- Supervising a team of 10 including a maintenance team, storeman, forklift drivers, and cleaners
- Day to day management of the External yards and facilities on 2 sites covering nearly 20 acres.
- Ensuring that all basic facilities, such as water and heating etc, are well-maintained
- Managing budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- Allocating and managing space between buildings, there are two yards
- Ensuring that facilities meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- Advising businesses on increasing energy efficiency and cost-effectiveness
- Overseeing building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Drafting reports and making written recommendations
- Projecting future requirements
Experience and Skills
Experience in Facilities management is essential Computer Literate and competent in producing reports and presentations Knowledge of plumbing/electrics/carpentry Good organisational skills
So YOU are the ultimate organiser and you have the skills and experience to get the job done!
We want to hear from you please call us on or email us on
Please note that at times due to the volume of applications we may not be able to respond to each person individually. If you do not hear from us within 7 days we’re sorry you have not been successful this time. Please do not let this stop you applying for other positions you may be suitable for. Good Luck!
1st Choice Staff Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and acts as both an Employment Agency & Business.