Teacher of Girls' Physical Education PE
Teacher of Girls' Physical Education | Salary: Inner London Pay Scale - MPS/UPS | September 2017 | Permanent
Teacher of Girls' Physical Education (PE)
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale - MPS/UPS
To Start: September 2017
Location: London Borough of Tower Hamlets
Contract Type: Permanent, Full-time
Success - academic, community, organisational and spiritual - are the best words to describe what is happening at Bishop Challoner
We seek to appoint an exceptional Teacher of Girls' PE who has a proven track record to work within our Faculty which has an outstanding reputation. Applications are welcomed from both experienced and newly qualified teachers.
We are a World Class School, hold Beacon School status and work in effective partnership with several organisations including City in Excellence in Teaching and East London Teaching School Alliance. With state of the art buildings and facilities and a team of innovative, experienced and dedicated professional staff, Bishop Challoner is an exciting and supportive environment in which to work and develop your career.
PE is an extremely popular subject at Bishop Challoner, attracting high numbers at GCSE and KS5. We offer an inspiring curriculum that promotes core sports and skills. You will have the opportunity to teach a range of accredited courses such as A-Level, GCSE, BTEC L2/3, leadership awards, as well as an Elite athlete programme.
You do not need to be a practising Catholic to apply.
We are looking for professionals with:
* Evidence of excellent classroom practice in both practical and examinable course lessons
* A track record of successful student outcomes at KS4 and KS5
* High expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
* Enthusiasm and commitment to providing extra- curricular activities
* The wiliness and ability to support our Catholic Ethos
OFSTED, April 2014 -"In this high performing school, students make rapid progress and reach high standards in many subjects"
"Leaders and managers at all levels, provide the drive and ambition needed to ensure that this"
* An established and comprehensive induction programme
* A strong commitment to your professional development and career management - excellent CPD and leadership development at all levels
* A supportive environment in which your enthusiasm will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded
* A working environment focused on Teaching and Learning and raising standards for all
* A positive and stimulating school climate which values the contribution of all staff
How to Apply:
To apply please request an application pack from Steve Jackson at , or you can contact Steve on for further information. Your completed application needs to be returned to Steve Jackson. Hays is our recruitment partner and manages our permanent appointments.
Closing Date: 12 noon on Thursday, 18th May 2017
Interview Date: Week commencing, 22 May 2017
You can also visit www.bishopchallonerfederation.towerhamlets.sch.uk for more information. Visits to the federation are welcomed.
Our federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
The Governing Body is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Steven Jackson c/o Bishop Challoner Catholic Federation of Schools
352 Commercial Road, London, E1 0LB