Assistant Pensions Analyst
We are currently working with a large, well known employer in Taunton, Somerset to recruit for an Assistant Pensions Analyst for a full time one year contrat.
This role is part time working 21 hours per week. on a salary of £25,000.
As the central point of contact for all financial activity relating to Pensions accounting, you will be responsible for ensuring the effective financial management and reporting of the company defined benefits schemes, the Retirement Scheme ("DRS") and the Executive Pension Plan ("DEPP").
- Preparation of Management Accounts including forecasting, monitoring performance against contributions schedule, budgeting and cash flow, control account reconciliations and the provision of reports to the Company Secretary and Trustees
- Statutory accounts preparation (DRS and DEPP) and preparing audit file
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders providing advice where necessary to ensure all pensions records are correctly accounted for
- Ownership of financial postings to include journals, processing of payments to HMRC, processing of invoices, raising payment requests and liaising with external contacts to ensure all payments are accounted for in a timely manner
- Treasury management
- Preparation of half year and year end pensions
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- CIMA or ACCA finalist or qualified by experience
- Pensions accounting experience desirable
- The role holder will not manage any employees, however they will be required to share their technical knowledge of the pensions accounting processes and activity and influence change across the business
- Self-motivated with a hands on approach
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Influencing and collaborative style
- Reviewing business processes ensuring the back end systems flow seamlessly
- Management and statutory accounts preparation
- Experience in using accounting packages, Word and excel
- Knowledge of the Pensions SORP
- Experience of working with both small and large organisations
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25% discount (after qualifying period)
- 34 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Access to excellent in house training that will really progress your career!
To apply for this role please do so online or contact Rebecca on .
Office Angels are acting as an employment agency for this role. Please visit our website www.office-angels.com for similar positions and to experience our virtual website. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.