My client, an International Retail company is seeking a strong Reporting Manager to cover 18 months of maternity leave. The successful candidate will not only posses strong technical skills but have a proven track in man management.
Large International Retailer
- Responsible for all legal entities in the UK & IE accounting and reporting, ensuring that all are compliant with Group rules and Legal GAAP's for local legislations.
- Responsible for ensuring the legal entities' P&Ls and balance sheets are true and fair and ensuring that both operational and legal reporting is completed accurately and on time.
- Responsible for reviewing the teams' works, including all entities reconciliations and ensure the output is of good quality and accurate.
- Responsible for ensuring all complex accounting concepts are accurately recorded and work is only delegated to personnel with appropriate knowledge and skills.
- Responsible for the year end audit, working with both the finance team and the auditors to ensure the audit is completed on time and with a clean audit report.
- Responsible for reviewing the operational ways of working and reporting and working with key stakeholders in the business to ensure that what they do is compliant with rules and regulations.
- Responsible for all financial reporting processes in the UK & IE, ensuring that it is effective, with good controls in place and that each process is well documented. At all times the processes should lead to accurate and timely reporting, in line with accounting and tax regulations.
- As the manager of the Reporting function you must keep up to date with changes in accounting and tax legislation and then ensure the Reporting function is compliant with the requirements of these changes.
- Work with key stakeholders in the wider business to ensure that all balances are accurately captured and that all risks are controlled/mitigated.
- Ensure that the team collaborates effectively with other teams in Finance and the wider business, working with them actively to seek better ways of working.
- Actively take part in finance meetings.
- Support the wider Finance team in tasks
- Professionally qualified accountant ACA/ACCA or local equivalent
- 3+ years of increasingly responsible accounting and/or auditing experience in similar or larger organisation. 1+ years of managerial experience essential
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to perform wide variety of high level accounting, budgeting and financial reporting
- Experience in use of automated accounting systems
- Experience in prepare, analyse and report complex accounting data
- Proficient in MS Office skills
- Experience in multicultural and multinational organisation