Credit Control Manager
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s Finance team as a Credit Control Manager. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We remain an intimate business, proud of our people, service, relationships and success. It’s a challenge, but we do so by remaining true to our values.
Your role as a Credit Control Manager is to effectively manage the Credit Control team. Ensuring the prompt collection of customer debt, while maintaining professional and positive customer relationships. Accountable for the leadership and development of a high performance, positively engaged team.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Accountable for the team’s delivery of a high performance service which includes:
• Control of stock for customer accounts - credit checking sales orders, managing credit limits, anticipating credit issues and actively managing solutions.
• Credit control - ensuring payments are received in full and on time, prioritising the settlement of old debt, resolving disputes and account queries, negotiating and managing payment plans.
• Management of customer payments - posting and allocating payments, reconciling remittances.
• Account management - ownership of the relationship on all customer account issues, production of invoice summaries & statements, final account settlement, contractual financial compliance, retention collection, financial dispute resolution, account & customer reporting.
• Escalation of non-payment of debt - careful review of overdue customer accounts with your team, placing customers "on stop" and issuing letters of intent to commence legal proceedings where appropriate (with support from the Executive team).
Responsible for the following areas of service delivery:
• Credit Control team management - day to day management of the team, maintaining exemplary skills and experience as an enabler; providing effective coaching and support to the team.
• Credit Control account management - responsible for managing a portfolio of your own key customer accounts.
Responsible for the management of the team & service:
• Leads and motivates an engaged team to deliver individual and department KPIs.
• Provides effective line management, supervision, coaching and performance management.
• Allocation of accounts and activities amongst team to ensure the efficient running of the department.
• Provides timely, accurate, insightful reporting & forecasts that informs valuable decision making.
• Leads the process of continuous improvement to deliver additional value to the business.
• Defines best practice standards and processes for all core team functions.
• Represents Credit Control in business forums, developing productive working relationships across departments, identifying cross-functional improvements that deliver business benefits.
Skills & Attributes:
• You have a strong finance experience, ideally at least 4 years’ in a Credit Control function at supervisory or management level.
• You are someone who demonstrates ownership of your accountabilities, setting the highest standards in your own work, and equipping those you work with to fulfill their responsibilities.
• You are a natural coach, listening, analysing and teaching others to fulfill their potential.
• You embrace change, always looking to improve processes, following through to ensure those who implement them are equipped to succeed.
• You are highly organised, methodical, rigorous and accurate in the execution of your work.
• You maintain excellent inter-personal relations demonstrating a caring interest in your colleagues, but with the courage to have the conversations that others are avoiding.
• You are computer literate with excellent MS Office skills and solid experience of accounting systems.
You consistently demonstrate our company values:
• Helpful - Pro-actively does everything possible to deliver exception service for our customers. Loves problem solving to identify resolutions in order to help others.
• Ethical - Reflects a straightforward and honest approach in all your interactions. Does not cover up mistakes/errors, but openly works with team to reduce and overcome them.
• Customer focused -Every customer feels like they are given "special" treatment and is kept informed. Willing to do everything possible to deliver excellent service to them.
• Innovative - constantly seeking ways to improve. Reviews current processes & systems & looks to implement improvements to the benefit of yourself, colleagues & our customer.
Salary: £32,000 -£34,000 with 10% KPI & Flexible Benefits
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Credit Control Manager role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.