Our client is a private equity fund manager specialising in property.
The business has built a reputation for identifying trends and opportunities, cutting edge development capability and strong active management of its portfolio of properties through a high calibre, focused property investment and development team.
The role will involve being responsible for the financial management and accounting of a large complex group of companies, with overseas subsidiaries, involving, inter alia:
- Budgeting, cash forecasting and treasury management
- Responsible for and taking a proactive approach to reporting, system and process improvement
- Supervising the preparation of quarterly consolidated management accounts, and the financial analysis and management commentary of the quarterly consolidated management accounts.
- Supervising the preparation of the UK group and individual company statutory accounts
- Being responsible for liaison with the auditors and tax advisors
- Supervising the preparation of UK corporation tax returns, non-resident landlord returns, transfer pricing calculations and other ad hoc tax matters
- FCA reporting
- Managing the relationship with outsourced payroll and pension providers
- General financial administration, e.g. cheque and bank transfer signings and invoice approval.
- Supervising company secretarial matters
- Other adhoc duties
The Financial Controller will report to the Head of Finance and to the management committee, including the chairman and CEO. The role will involve supervising two members of staff.
Candidates should be ACA qualified accountants with up to three years post qualified experience. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a broad range of experience which must include the preparation of management information, both historic and forward looking, preferably against the backdrop of a complex corporate structure. The successful candidate will be a strong technical accountant with equally strong organisational skills, pro-active in their approach and be able to work autonomously. Good communication skills are essential.