Senior Progress Mentor / Senior Learning Mentor
Job Title: Senior Progress Mentor
Location: Northwich, Cheshire
Salary: £21,598 full time equivalent (£13,895 actual salary per annum)
Position: Full Time, Term Time only plus one week - Permanent
Our client is seeking to appoint a Senior Progress Mentor to oversee the operational management, development and quality of the College's Progress Mentor provision.
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level (or equivalent) standard, have experience of working with young people and have experience and/or knowledge of careers advice and guidance.
- To line manage and coordinate the work of the progress mentors
- To monitor and quality assure the progress mentor provision
- To lead, monitor and embed effective student support strategies and processes relating to achievement, progress and attendance
- To lead, review and monitor the discipline of students, referring to the College's Disciplinary policy as appropriate
- To maintain appropriate records and ensure all appropriate administration is completed in relation to the achievement and progress of each student
- To work closely with other departments across the College to ensure standardisation of the student experience, developing strategies for continuous improvement of the operation of the department
- To liaise with the Head of Achievement and Progress, Teachers and Heads of Department to keep all informed of the progress of students
- To coordinate and advise on the completion of UCAS application forms including gathering the specific subject references to ensure that a high standard of forms are produce by students to time
- To manage safeguarding cases in accordance with College policy and procedures
- To assist the Head of Achievement and Progress with staff development on all safeguarding matters
- To maintain accurate, confidential and up to date documentation on all cases for safeguarding
- To liaise with the additional Learning Support team to help support student achievement
- To engage with the families/carers of students and encourage their involvement and support for the student in order to raise achievement
- To liaise with outside agencies in the provision of support
- To participate in meeting, sharing good practice and liaising with departments across the college
Closing Date: 9.00am Friday May 26th 2017
Please click the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the careers page.
The college are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from minority groups
Candidates with experience of; Special Educational Needs Assistant, Learning Support Worker, LSA, LSW, Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Learning Difficulties, Support Worker, Learning Assistant will be considered for this role.