Are you a motivated, technically-minded and professional support engineer who is looking for increased responsibility and the challenges of working with state of the art test equipment within an internationally successful company?
We are currently recruiting a Test Engineer to join Europe’s leading producer of premium bespoke safety devices. This Test Engineer job is based in Wales but commutable from Newport, Cardiff, Caerleon, Risca, Pontpool, Magor, Chepstow and Monmouth.
It is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and fast growing organisation who can offer dynamic, challenging and exciting career opportunities.
Key Responsibilities for Test Engineer Job includes:
- Designing and implementing electronic and mechanical test solutions.
- Utilising latest testing strategies for new and existing product ranges.
- Continuous improvement and improve manufacturing by use of lean & 6 sigma tools creating ideas to increase test efficiency and manufacturing productivity by removing downtime and waste.
- Liaise directly with in house, external test houses, contractors and OEM’s in order to produce quotations and specifications for electronic and mechanical hardware including jigs and fixtures.
Skills/Knowledge required for Test Engineer Job includes:
- Understanding schematic diagrams and fault finding down to a component level.
- Experience with demonstrating the use of analytical tools for problem resolution and improvement actions including troubleshooting of existing production test equipment.
To Develop to:
- Good working knowledge of a selection of software design packages. - Computing- LabVIEW, CAD - Solidworks, PCB Design/Layout/simulation - PADs, ISIS,
- Technical Skills- Relevant degree/HND in Electronics/Computing or similar engineering discipline.
We are seeking a candidate with the ability to construct test boxes and PCB small electronic circuits by hand including the soldering of wiring looms, leads and cables and mechanical engineering appreciation/ application.
This Test Engineer Job within a global leading electronics company, will include playing a key part in the design and implement new test equipment and new test strategies for an electronics product base- preliminary volume manufacturing biased with R&D inputs