Account Management Internship £18K Creative Agency London
A creative web design and digital marketing agency based near London Bridge. With clients predominately in the recruitment sector the hiring company have built up expertise in delivering cutting edge web design, content marketing strategy and brand development over a 15 year period.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,500 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job paying £22,000 per annum.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as an Account Management intern to support the Account Directors, Project Managers and Operations Director in the successful delivery, analysis and optimisation of client websites. This a well-rounded and exciting internship for a recent graduate looking to develop skills in the web design and digital media industries.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and be responsible for include:
• Act as 1st line support for clients, ensuring their websites remain bug-free and high-performing at all times.
• Support the Project Management Team in the delivery of web site projects.
• Support the account managers, SEO consultants and freelancers in the co-ordination and delivery of tasks and reports associated with the delivery of the agency’s marketing services.
• Develop a strong understanding of the agency’s core products and services which revolve around website build, maintenance and optimisation.
• Deliver user training directly with clients over email and telephone to ensure they get the most from using the tool, logging any issues clients have, administering resolutions in line with your training.
• Help set up new redesigned sites in line with client’s technical specifications.
• Carry out website bug testing, correctly logging and categorising these as directed by the Project Management team.
• Support the Project Management team when working with clients to establish new briefs and administer all issues to a successful conclusion.
• Setting up and reporting on the success of email marketing campaigns.
• Assist with general copywriting and content editing.
• Support the Operations Director in analysing the incident log on a bi-monthly basis, analysing the most common bugs and working towards a solution.
• Attend meetings with Project Managers and Account Managers or Account Directors to produce detailed contact reports.
• Support the Operations Director in the provision of ad-hoc activities related to the servicing of clients.
What are the ideal intern’s skills, qualifications and personality?
• Educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 and strong academic record at GCSE and A-Level.
• Can demonstrate working with a high attention to detail and precision.
• The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload as required.
• A clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Strong writing skills with prior experience in copywriting, blogging, article writing or social media posts.
• Someone who can cope with the demands of working for an agency delivering towards client deadlines along with the confidence to report through line management when demands become too high.
• An interest in content planning and research of new articles.
Bonus points for:
• Prior experience using web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
• Prior experience using Content Management Systems (CMS).
• Prior experience using email marketing tools such as Mail Chimp.
• Knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
• Experience in a customer facing job.
What is the last person who was in this role doing now?
A full-time Project Manager within the business working on larger, high profile clients.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• After 1-2 years Account Executives will seek to follow the career of becoming a Project Manager or an Account Manager. In the mean time you will be encouraged to work on larger, more high profile customer projects or accounts.
• Join an established yet expanding business to learn industry best practice from an experienced digital marketing team working on a range of different client campaigns which will fast track your commercial work experience and knowledge.
• This is a great entry level position for a recent graduate eager to kick start a career in digital marketing or creative website management, this is important as the company are eager for this internship to convert to a permanent job.