Lead Nurse / Practitioner
Lead Nurse / Practitioner
Salary: £40 48k per annum + Benefits
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
We have a vacancy for a Lead Nurse / Practitioner to work at our Minor Injury Unit in Southampton. This is a permanent role for 37.5 hours per week. The remuneration goes up to £48000 depending on experience. The purpose of the job is to translate the hospitals clinical strategies and models of care into the delivery of care for patients being treated at the Centre. It will also involve supporting the Service Manager in the collection, analysis, and the interpretation of data for Key Performance Indicators, Clinical Risk and Audit, related to Care UK's Clinical Governance programme.
The post holder will develop the necessary relationships between partner healthcare organisations within the NHS and Social Services. Other duties include providing clinical and professional leadership to all practitioner staff and to work in partnership with other health care professionals, ensuring the clinical team works cohesively and effectively to deliver a high standard of patient care. This will involve leading by example, facilitating professional and clinical development, ensuring all competency and training requirements of staff are met to ensure the safe and effective delivery of care.
- BSc or BA Health Studies or equivalent subject
- Teaching and assessing qualification.
- Evidence of Continuous Professional development (CPD).
- Post registration qualification in autonomous practice or equivalent.
- Experienced at a senior level in an: Acute setting. Primary Care or another related area
- Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience of performance management of clinical staff members.
- Experience of working autonomously. - Evidence of team leadership and supervision of junior staff. - Evidence of teaching and assessing others. - Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team.
- Research / audit qualification undertaken at Level 3
- Nurse prescriber
- Master's degree in a health-related subject.
- Financial/budgetary experience
- Experienced in applying HR policy to staff related issues
Key employee benefits:
- Excellent Induction Plan
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme
- Extensive induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Child care vouchers
- Career progression
- Free uniform
- Paid DBS
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pay enhancements for bank holidays
- Discounts for various shops and companies
For more information and or to apply please call Rob Legg on and or email