Assistant Accountant - 9 Months FTC
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join a well established business
Your new company
You will be joining the UK's leading management services who pride themselves on delivering high quality and effective results for their clients.
Your new role
You will be responsible for or assist with the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, various monthly and quarterly returns eg VAT/ONS, monthly management accounts and year end statutory accounts. You will also be responsible for control reconciliations within Finance and other ad hoc tasks required to provide analysis for management. Intercompany control will be part of the role and ensuring that the balances are maintained and in balance across the Group.
Duties will include:
- Process expense claims, ensuring these are in accordance with Company policy
- Prepare VAT returns and supporting information for review by Financial Accountant
- Prepare ONS returns for review
- Produce the Balance Sheet at month end from Sage and collate reconciliations from account owners
- Reconcile the intercompany accounts for the Group and ensure payments are made on time
- Process ad hoc journals at month end
- Develop and maintain a clear understanding of all accounts team processes.
- Communicate effectively with other Team Member and Departments
- Take ownership of personal development in line with Personal Performance and Development Plan.
- Filing and archiving on a regular basis and ad hoc tasks as required
The tasks/responsibilities listed will be reviewed and supported by the Finance Manager and the Financial Accountant who will also provide training and provide support where required to develop your knowledge.
This is a full time role and is a fixed term contract for 9 months - to start as soon as possible.
What you'll need to succeed
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel Skills - ability to access, download and manipulate relevant information from data source, including PIVOTS; LOOKUPS; SUMIFS.
- Good analytical and methodical approach to work
- Keyboard and PC skills related to accounting software
- Team player with pro-active attitude, good questioning, listening and communication skills
- Ability to communicate key financial information to non-finance personnel in a clear and concise way.
- Confidence to interact with people at all levels within the organisation
- Self-motivated, tenacious
- A curious and enquiring mind about the business behind the numbers, with a high level of initiative
- Works well under pressure - good planning and organisation skills, able to prioritise effectively and to work to tight deadlines.
- Highly accurate and efficient
- Principles of accounting and ledger management
- Detailed awareness of internal processes and procedures
- AAT qualified or part qualified
- Good planner, with good attention to detail
- Working within a team structure
- Experience of SAGE 200 accounts package
What you'll get in return
You will receive training on the role to develop your skills, free parking, holiday entitlement and company social events
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.