Lead RGN or RMN for Private Clinic in London ( urgent )
Lead RGN or RMN for required for a Private Clinic in London.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, The Nurse will support the Clinical Lead, Treatment Staff and Medical Lead in the provision of health and well-being care at the clinic. You will be part of a team ensuring clients receive a high-quality service in a safe environment and be primarily involved in medication management, health promotion, health education and wellbeing activities of patients at the clinic. The Nurse will work closely with patients to provide support and guidance in their therapeutic aims, and support the team with all aspects of the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is not an exhaustive list of duties but an overview of the work required.
• While on duty, deputise in the absence of the doctor and be the delegated authority for clinical matters.
• Ensure support is provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team to patients with medication and to ensure medication management and care for those undergoing a medically monitored detox complies with:
• Company medical procedures and standards
• Good nursing practice
• Relevant legislation
• Particularly regarding record keeping and the safe administration of the medications held within the centre.
• Assist the doctor in assessment of referred patients prior to or at the time of commencement of treatment
• To take overall charge in administration of medications for patients
• To be responsible for safe keeping of any medication in the unit.
• To help liaise with patients’ GP/Hospital for any on-going physical/mental health problem
• To support the multi-disciplinary team to ensure, prompt and assist patients to self- administer their medications as prescribed.
• To utilise a flexible approach and where required participate in activities and tasks which directly respond to patient need.
• To carryout Drug Testing as required.
• To uphold all Company policies and procedures and actively promote equality of opportunity in the course of your work.
• As part of a small, multi-disciplinary team, perform other reasonable duties as directed by the Clinical Director.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
• Candidates for the position of Nurse will have relevant qualifications in nursing - Nursing qualification & Pin
• A minimum of two years of experience is required in a health care setting, mental health or addictive disease treatment program in a similar position.
• Experience of working in a supportive residential environment.
• Professional expertise in nursing with patients with behavioural health problems
• Clear communication for various audiences, written (word-processing and hand) and oral
• People Management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English are required.
• DBS Enhanced clearance or equivalent.
• Degree or diploma in healthcare
• Knowledge and understanding of the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and national care standards
• Knowledge of Clinical Governance
• Experience of current clinical software
• Experience of using electronic patient records
• Good IT skills
• Outpatient department experience
• Flexibility in working hours