Purchasing & Supply Chain Coordinator
A fantastic opportunity exists to join our leading client in the role of Purchasing and Supply Chain Coordinator. Our client offers a competitive salary and continuous career development.
In this role you will assist the Purchasing & Supply Chain Manager with the purchasing of all raw materials, including ingredients and packaging to service production operations; controlling stock levels onsite and at third party storage
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
- Planning and placing of purchase orders for raw materials and packaging to meet forecasted demand
- Controlling minimum and maximum stock levels of all materials onsite
- Assisting with negotiations on prices for materials and blanket order purchasing to obtain preferential pricing
- Building strong relationships with suppliers
- Liaising with external suppliers to ensure deliveries and raising complaints/queries on product issues as and when required
- Assisting in monthly stock takes
- Co-ordinating international shipments
- Purchasing new products for trials and project work
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained and stock transfers planned regularly to avoid shortages
- Creation of Microsoft Axapta reports and Excel planning spreadsheets
- Analysis of supplier service levels and rectifying service failures
- Keeping an up to date log of all supplier contact details, products, pricing agreements and update when changes are made
- Preparing ad hoc reports and presentations
You will have:
- Ideally have Purchasing and supply chain knowledge and the enthusiasm learn and develop in this role.
- Completed / Be studying towards or have the desire to undertake the CIPS qualification.
- Excellent communication Skills - Verbal and Written
- Strong IT skills, proficient in MS Office suite - mainly Excel and Outlook but including Word, PowerPoint and Access databases
- Be methodical and analytical
- Highly organised and the ability to prioritise a busy workload and work to deadlines
- Ideally educated to degree level within a business or appropriate related subject, a first is preferable
- Experience using ERP systems is highly desirable
- Self-motivated, Positive and adaptable attitude
- Have good negotiation skills
If you have the skills required please forward your CV to Gemma Edwards for immediate consideration.