Head of Engineering
Head of Engineering, Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Rail Industry
The Company, a subsidiary of a larger leading company, is a growing power in its market here in the UK and increasingly, around the world. For more than half a century, the Company has hauled freight and passengers, powered ships, and generated electricity for over 100 countries around the globe. Becoming a part of the Company means becoming a part of a challenging and bright future in their globalmarketplace.
The Head of Engineering will lead the engineering team, providing specialist professional and technical support on engineering issues. In addition to supporting delivery of Continuous Professional Development programs and projects the role will include providing support to company wide programs to support the centre of excellence model for company product engineering within the wider group. The role includes defining a strategy for the long term relationship between the maintenance, business development, fleet support and production engineering disciplines.
Critical Success Factors
- Act as a role model, in a professional and leadership capacity, for the function
- Ensure that Engineers and technicians within the specific disciplines are competent
- Ensure that accreditation and competence management system is actively maintained
- Lead and audit the requisite safety critical management processes
- Will design, commission, manage and control the company RAMS, LCC and data collection process to drive cost efficiency within projects
- Develop a centre of excellence for rolling stock maintenance
- To be the company contact point for the office of Rail Regulation and customers nominated equivalents.
- Lead teams of engineers and technicians to ensure that they work effectively as members of project and operational teams and provide engineering support that will enable company projects to be completed to time, budget and quality.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Nationally recognised expert in appropriate Engineering disciplines
- Chartered Engineer
- Considerable post qualification experience in railway engineering and Project Management systems and tools
- Fellow or equivalent of at least one relevant professional body, probably having gained wide experience in that capacity
- Very broad knowledge of railway engineering, operational and commercial systems backed-up by strong aptitude for holistic / integrative thinking
- Knowledge of engineering safety management and its application within the railway environment
- Ensure the efficiency and quality of maintenance, repair, overhaul, modification and fault
- finding activities
- Ability to lead and motivate people at all levels, within own team and across the organisation and outside
- Extensive experience of personal responsibility for engineering management covering conception, specification, design, construction, putting into service and maintenance and decommissioning, preferably including management and technical experience and strong knowledge of engineering contracts
Salary: £65,000 - £85,000 dependant on experience plus benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: Chief Engineer, Engineering Manager, Head of Engineering, Maintenance Manager, Engineering Supervisor, Multi Skilled Engineer, Railway, Locomotive, Production, Crewe, Stafford, Market Drayton, Staffordshire, Northwich, Derby, Cannock