Workforce Planning - Senior Theatres Specialist - London
Workforce Planning - Senior Theatres Specialist
The Sr. Theatres Specialist is responsible for the successful implementation of assigned projects as defined and prioritized by Division and Director of Management Engineering.
This position plays a key role in division and facility Surgical Services Department process improvement projects by performing operational assessments and analyses, researching and identifying best practices, facilitating groups and teams, managing projects, presenting results and recommendations, and developing measurement tools, to improve HCA operating processes toward greater efficiency and effectiveness.
This individual will work directly with division, facility, and consultant representatives to collaborate and deliver timely and value added assessments, action plans, and results that improve operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist facility leaders to implement best practices within the Perioperative departments and identify clinical improvement and cost-savings initiatives.
- Assess clinical and financial opportunities including:
- Appropriate administration and management of Perioperative departments
- Assess skill mix opportunities, scheduling, agency nurse usage, staffing and on-call staffing for all Perioperative nursing units.
- Utilization initiatives
- Appropriate schedule and block usage
- Supply chain optimization
- Product and vendor selection opportunities
- Analyses all aspects of Surgical Services performance for potential improvement opportunities.
- Maintains Operating Room Dashboard data.
- Designs and recommends processes, systems, procedures, and operational changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the establishment of operational work measurements and staffing standards.
- Performs monitoring of throughput metrics and analysis of variances.
- Perform data mining and review of financial and clinical data to assess Surgical Services for operational and financial opportunities.
Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's degree required.
* Master's degree preferred. Relative work experience and/or certifications may substitute.
* Strong professional experience within Workforce Planning
* Must be proficient in written and verbal skills
* Experience within healthcare operations required
About The Facility
Develop your career with HCA Healthcare UK: The world's largest private complex care hospital group, and winners of "The Best Private Healthcare Provider 2016" awarded by LaingBusson and HealthInvestor.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Workforce Planning team at HCA Healthcare UK's head office in Marylebone
HCA Healthcare UK is unique in the private healthcare industry; no other hospital group can match and offer our end to end complex care. With state of the art hospital facilities, pioneering treatments, world leading technology and continuous investment, allows our valued staff to be at the height of their career. Our expanding group of hospitals, HCA Healthcare UK doesn't just offer exciting and dynamic places to work and attractive salaries, but real opportunities for development and progression too.
As Healthcare industry Leader with 6 world-class hospitals across the capital, including The Harley Street Clinic, The Lister Hospital, London Bridge Hospital, The Portland Hospital, The Princess Grace Hospital and The Wellington Hospital. Attracting the right healthcare professionals to our organisation is at the heart of what we do.