Finance Transactions Manager
We are currently recruiting for our client, an organisation who are a significant body in the pensions sector.Their Finance Directorate is split into the following areas: Management and Reporting Accounting, Transaction Management and Business Performance Management. We are looking to recruit a new Transaction Manager.
The Transaction Management team is responsible for:
- Designing and embedding financial controls;
- Maintaining the purchase ledger, processing payments for £20m of budgeted expenditure;
- Maintaining and improving the SAGE finance system and Purchase to Pay system; and
- Treasury management bank receipts and payments.
- Manage the design and embedding of financial controls to a high standard which meets business requirements.
- Oversee the maintance and production of the purchase ledger and payment processing, ensuring issues are resolved approriately.
- Maintain Treasury and Accounts Payable Finance Policies and Procedures providing all business users with approriate information, ensuring they are up to date, create approriate controls for the business and are complied with.
- Maintain the Travel and Expenses Policies for staff, ensuring it is availble, training out across the business and monitor compliance. Where breaches are identified ensure these are logged and action taken to mitigate future occurances.
- Maintain and continuously improve the Accounts Payable and Purchase to Pay finance systems - undertaking regular review of functionality ensuring it is fit for purpose for the orgnaisation.
- Responsible for Treasury management payments and receipts
- Provide strong direct management and leadership for the Transations team
- Engage with the of auditors for all activity they review within the Transaction management team.
- Lead on the the continued improvement of internal controls processes, implementing new controls effectively and embedding these within the department and the whole organisation
- Lead and implement improvements of the accounting system
- Oversee the accounts payable function, encourge enhancements and streamlining of processes where appropriate.
- Assist the Director of Finance in the running of the Finance team to provide financial information and ensuring process which cross over between the team are well managed.
- Manage to a high standard all staff within the function to ensure oversight of work is maintained, performance management is undertaken, staff are motivated, team deliverables are met and key people risks are mitigated.
- Play an active part in the Finance Management team - ensure cohesive work across the department is maintained.Encourage a continuous improvement enviornment within the team showing enhancements and progression of workloads and processes within the team.
- Engage in Ad-Hoc tasks as required
- Reporting to Director of Finance providing regular updates on teams activity
- Working closely with the management accounting team to achieve month and year end deliverables
- Liaising with the external auditors Working closely with the internal IT department and external IT providers for system and process improvement
- Play an active role in the Finance Management team, supporting colleagues to create a high performing Finance team.
- Working closely with the finance & procurement colleagues, particularly the Risk department and General Counsel to improve and embed internal controls processes
Experience and technical skills
The employee will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Significant finance systems experience, preferably both large and small systems and organisations, particular Sage 200
- Significant experience of leading and delivering on process re-engineering projects - from scope, design, implementation and review
- Good understanding of finance business processes and controls
- Experience of delivering a high quality service mindset that supports and delivers effective working across the organisation
- Experience of communicating credibly and confidently with senior management and auditors
- Proven experience of delivering change by managing and developing people effectively
- Experience of managing people and a team to deliver to high standard
- Experience of overseeing, managing and mitigating financial processing risks