Product Manager - Molecular Dx
You may be a Molecular Biologist/Virologist with experience commercial Applications, Technical Support or Sales Specialist looking for your next step or career move?
This company are World leaders in the field of in-vitro diagnostics for over 50 years. There focus is on Infectious Diseases, Medical Microbiology and quality control within the agri-food, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals industries. They are looking to recruit a Product Manager for their Clinical Microbiology division. Products include their pre-poured microbiology media and pre-filled vials sold to customers in blood culture departments. They also have instruments systems for rapid bacterial detection and automated blood culture microbial detection systems.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager for Europe you will be responsible for marketing your group of products within the UK, including reagents, instruments, software and services.
You may have been a Senior Applications, Technical Support or Sales Specialist looking for the next step in your career. You will have experience of Molecular or Virology products from within the UK marketplace and ideally will have sold them. You will be responsible for providing applications and technical information for tender responses so it is vital you have sufficient technical knowledge. Much of the company’s Marketing and Strategic positioning is done at European level so technical product knowledge is more important than Marketing or Product Management experience.
You will have an outgoing, open personality, be a quick learner, accurate and ambitious. This is not a 9-5 job, you will be 50% based in the office in South West UK and 50% + travelling within the field to visit customers as necessary with potentially trips to the Nordics to assist your European colleagues as the UK forms part of the Northern European Cluster for this business.
- Ensure Marketing support for the UK/Ireland and contribute to the achievement of the sales budget of the allocated Product range through strategic Marketing management
- Develop Marketing Plans. Prepare Sales Budget for the relative product and defend it to the Marketing Manager. Control costs, revenues and profitability for the relative products
- Spend time in the field on a regular basis to support sales, to prepare arguments and to test market before a product launch
- Support the other functions within the organisation, in order to back up the offer designed by Marketing; check that the plan and organisation of these functions are adequate to deliver the designed offer
- Interact with Sales force, Global Marketing participate in Sales meetings, Corporate meetings, local and international congresses
- Launch of new products/instrument/services following the launch template. Take ownership of these launches and when ready transfer the knowledge to the sales force
- Develop a network with Key Opinion Leader.
- Act as an ambassador for the company to our customers.
- Continuously follow courses, trainings etc. about company products and its competition to become the local expert in defined product ranges.
Typical experience, skills and qualifications:
- Ideally Degree qualified with a good knowledge and understanding of Molecular Biology/ Diagnostics /Virology techniques.
- Able to understand the workflow and able to discus with KOL at their level of experience, able to organize local meetings, able to make local study evaluation protocols, able to work in an International environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years scientific sales or Product Specialist / Applications experience within the UK NHS environment.
- Flexible and a team player, analytical thinking, customer focus and result oriented, strong communication skills, able to share knowledge with the sales team and motivate them to sell allocated products.
- Need to be enthusiastic & highly committed to succeed with excellent organisation & planning skills.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to work with high autonomy, Emotionally Intelligent
Contact: Michelle Singleton at AES for more details and or send your CV stating why you should be selected for this role quoting ref: MS 913078
This vacancy is being advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd. The services advertised by Applied Executive Selection Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.
Whilst we make every effort to reply to all applications within a week, if you have not received a reply within 14 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion