Legal Cashier - 4 Month Fixed Term Contract
We're recruiting for a leading commercial Corporate Law Firm with 3 sites in the North West & we're seeking a well experienced candidate to complete a 4 month contract in their Legal Cashier / Finance Team in the prestigious Liverpool office.
The structure of the Finance team consists of the following:-
Chief Finance officer, Finance Director, Finance Manager, Finance Team Leader, 2 x Management Accountants, 3 x Senior Legal Cashiers, 8 Legal Cashiers, 1 Purchase ledger clerk.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual capable of working independently and as part of a team and will be operating a "hands on" approach. They will need to demonstrate a strong IT ability and should be able to demonstrate experience in the areas listed below. To have gained the relevant experience and exposure the candidate should have minimum of 3 years legal cashiering experience.
The role will involve: processing client and office account payments, cheque production, TT/CHAPS via electronic banking, file opening and risk management, processing client and office account receipts, bank transfers, checking and posting bills, dealing with account queries, and general administration of filing.
Full support and training will be given.
Whilst carrying out the above duties the successful candidate will:
- Ensure Adherence to Solicitors Accounts Rules at all times.
- Work as a member of the team and help out others where necessary.
- Manage any problems or situations as they arise asking for help where necessary.
- Develop and apply knowledge of money laundering procedures and documentation.
- Field calls and take accurate messages treating all internal clients and other callers whether face to face or over the telephone in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Be able to work well under pressure with a high standard of accuracy and have a methodical and logical approach to work.
- Ensure information provided is accurate. Share information, knowledge and experience with others to improve the performance of the team as a whole, however, confidentiality must be respected.
- Contribute positively to the creating of an environment of mutual respect, support and trust where individuals and their contribution are valued and recognised.
Contract role for 4 months.
Exceptional employers based in super City Centre offices.