Business Development Manager - Livestock
Business Development Manager - Livestock - South West England
Top 3 Animal Health company
Fixed Term Contract for 12 months (maternity cover)
Salary: up to £50,000 + bonus, company car, generous benefits package (private medical and dental cover, pension, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, critical illness cover, etc.)
Business Development Manager - this exciting opportunity has become available with a global leading animal healthcare company on a 12 months Fixed Term Contract (maternity cover).
This is a field based role, covering South West England, and you will be responsible for the promotion, support and sales of the company Ruminant, Swine and Equine product portfolio in both the veterinary and trade channels.
- Allocating and targeting of the available resources to maximise the net return for all livestock product ranges and customer channels.
- Key Account Management of both Strategic Key Accounts and Area Key Accounts. Managing KA budgets, setting and negotiating business plan targets.
- Develop strong relationships with key area stakeholders including all levels of customer management such as directors and key decision makers.
- Working closely with head office marketing and technical resource for Ruminant, Swine, Equine and Companion animal ensuring effective and efficient local design and implementation of agreed marketing and technical plans.
- Proactively identifying area growth opportunities within both existing and new customer base, and formulate proposals.
- Working alongside technical manager, ensuring a level of technical proficiency such that customers perceive expertise in all company product areas. Appropriately use this knowledge in training customer staff e.g. AMTRA CPD for Suitably Qualified Persons, sales training skills etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, a sound understanding of business and the ability to think strategically to manage the business sustainably in the long term.
- Project and Key account management skills, market and competitors' product knowledge.
- Ability to engage with managers and key decision makers within customer organisations.
- Professional presentation skills to both groups and individuals including senior managers internally and within customer accounts.
- Good organisational and time-management skills.
If this role sounds of interest, please click "apply" or contact Tanya Georgieva at Experis for further information.