Learning Disabilities, complex needs
Salary up to £25,000 depending on experience, plus excellent company benefits
Full time, permanent
Newlife Healthcare are proud to be working with a company who offer Support & Housing Solutions for Adults with Support Needs across the UK.
Our client initially provided support for a small number of people with learning disabilities then expanded their supported living services for people with learning disabilities, also developing specialisms in other areas, enabling them to support people with a wide variety of support needs including autistic spectrum conditions, mental health support needs and acquired brain injury.
They provide high quality, person centered care, support, and enablement for people with learning disabilities and support needs. Their services evolve around individuals at all stages of their care pathway.
Our client has gone from strength to strength throughout the years have been awarded and recognised for their work with various care industry awards, which they are extremely proud of.
We are supporting our client with the recruitment of a Registered Manager for their service in Exmouth. The service provides support for people with learning disabilities, mental health and autistic spectrum conditions. It can also support people with behaviours that challenge and people with complex needs.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the Registered Manager will be required to manage the service and care staff in order to deliver support to adults with complex needs.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic and passionate Registered Manager who is dedicated to make a real difference to individuals lives. You will work closely with your team offering close supervision, mentoring and training to enable them to perform to the highest level in their day to day job, ensuring quality care and support is provided to individuals and help them to live as independently as possible.
To apply for the Registered Manager role, we are looking for the following skills / experience:
- Experience of working with adults with profound and multiple learning disabilities
- Hold NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care (or equivalent)
- Willing to work towards level 5 qualification, if not already completed
- Ability to work under pressure, remaining calm and positive at all times
- Ability to listen, support others, gain trust and show understanding by recognising different perspectives
- Encouraging a culture where people can raise concerns about safety
Our client fundamentally believes that their employees are exceptional and they select who works with them with great care. Their vision and values are adopted throughout the company and within each employee to ensure they provide the highest levels of care and service.
• In reward of employee’s commitment our client offers the following company benefits:
• Healthcare - Level 2 at entry Level 3 after 5 years’ continuous service
• Individual Group Pension Scheme (matched contributions up to a maximum of 3%)
• Annual Leave entitlement (minimum 20 days, maximum 25 days) plus bank holidays
If you would like to apply for this vacancy, email a full and current cv asap quoting reference - Registered Manager - Exmouth